Chapter 12

"Can we talk?"

Jungkook looked up from his phone slowly, meeting with soft brown eyes. Taehyung stood in front of him, with his silver hair wrapped in a red bandana. He looked tired. Jungkook sucked in a sharp breath.

"No." Jungkook said and then began walking away. He was supposed to be waiting for Jimin outside the food hall- but he would rather not be around Taehyung right now.

He heard an exasperated sigh. "God- Jungkook, can you just hear me out?" Taehyung snapped. Jungkook felt a little childish, looking anywhere but at Taehyung, who was now standing in front of him.

"I don't want to." Jungkook said, looking to the side. Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's chin and tugged it, so Jungkook was facing him.

Their little argument or whatever you want to call it was last night. It took all of Jungkook's courage to carry himself back to his room, where he instantly collapsed onto the bed and fell asleep. Currently, it was lunchtime- and Jungkook had successfully avoided Taehyung all day.

"Stop avoiding me." Taehyung said and Jungkook slapped his hand away.

"Why do you care?" Jungkook snapped back. "Just go to Eka- or that-that girl from the arcade yesterday. It's not like I matter anyway." Jungkook scoffed and then started walking again- but Taehyung grabbed his arm.

"Jungkook-" Taehyung pulled him close. Jungkook groaned and tried to free from his tight grip, but Taehyung wouldn't let go. Taehyung leaned in a little bit, looking at the cute angry-pout on Jungkook's face. Jungkook felt his cheeks turn red even though he's supposed to be angry.

Taehyung was about to continue, when he noticed some freshmen walking past them, looking at them weirdly. Taehyung glared at them, making them scared and ran away. Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's arm and led him into the janitor's closet. He closed the door tightly and then looked at Jungkook. But before he could say anything, Jungkook interrupted him.

"What do you even want to talk about? Do you want to tell me how fun it was with Eka last night? Huh? Did you fuck her, V? Did you eat her out? Was it fun? Was it fun to be an asshole to me and-"

"I didn't sleep with her." Taehyung snapped, stopping Jungkook's endless ramble.

"W-what?" Jungkook let out softly and then Taehyung walked towards him, cornering him against the wall.

"I didn't want to. She's not... you." Taehyung said gingerly, tracing his fingers across Jungkook's burning cheeks.

"I'm.. I'm sorry for being an asshole to you. I felt terrible for saying those things to you. I.. It's not that I don't care about you, Kook. You're a really good friend." Taehyung said. Friend.

"I like fooling around with you. It's fun. I just... the 'boyfriend' stuff kinda makes me uncomfortable, you know?" Taehyung said and Jungkook nodded- even though he didn't know. He didn't know why it made Taehyung uncomfortable.

"I mean- you're not a girl. I didn't expect you to get emotional and upset over this kind of stuff. Don't get me wrong- I do like you. As a friend. I don't.. like-like you." Taehyung said and Jungkook didn't respond, just looked down a little.

Of course he doesn't like you, you fucking dumbass. He's. Not. Gay.

"You don't.. like me, right? Like- you don't want us to be more than fuckbuddies, right?" Taehyung asked, almost retracting. His deep brown eyes burrowed into Jungkook's slightly widened ones. Jungkook inhaled sharply and then hastily shook his head.

"No." Jungkook squeaked out.

"Then why were you upset yesterday?" Taehyung asked and Jungkook felt himself fidgeting with the bottom of his school shirt.

"I-I don't know." Because you said I don't mean anything to you. "I guess I was just not feeling that great." Not feeling that great about you not liking me back. "And-and I.. k-kind of got jealous."

"Jealous? Because I flirted with that girl?" Taehyung asked and Jungkook suddenly felt like crawling into a hole.

"N-no. Forget it, V. Let's just g-go back to the food hall-"

Taehyung placed one hand on Jungkook's cheek and one on Jungkook's waist and then pressed a kiss to his cheek and then the corner of his mouth and then to his lips.

"You're really cute." Taehyung whispered and Jungkook blinked his doey eyes. "Yoy remind me of a bunny sometimes."

Jungkook's cheeks turned red. "Bunny?" Jungkook asked, placing his hands on Taehyung's neck.

"Yeah." Taehyung said and Jungkook let out a little giggle. "Are we good?" Taehyung asked and Jungkook hummed.

"We're good." Jungkook whispered back. Taehyung suddenly smirked, grabbing Jungkook's ass.

"Great- because I'm still waiting for you to ride me." Taehyung rasped and Jungkook whimpered, arching his neck back to allow Taehyung to press kisses all over it.

Even though he said they're 'good', he knows they're not. At least he's not.

Taehyung doesn't see him as anything more than a friend. Someone to fuck. Someone to call over when he has a boner. Nothing else.

Jungkook- on the other hand- had completely fallen. He wanted Taehyung to be more than just a fuckbuddy. He wanted him to be his boyfriend, he wanted to hold hands with him, talk about stupid things, kiss him until he can't breathe.

But he can't have that. Taehyung didn't share the same feelings. He didn't want love. He only wanted someone to have sex with. Jungkook led with his heart and now he had a huge crush on Taehyung- while Taehyung probably didn't even think about Jungkook.

Should Jungkook give up everything he has? Ruin what they have and tell Taehyung about his feelings?

No. No he can't. Taehyung would think he's weird. He'd close up on him. He'd walk away and never come back.

Maybe Jungkook could just.. pretend he didn't have feelings for Taehyung. Sure. He could do that. Just keep doing this friends with benefits thing. No feelings. Jungkook could do that. How hard could that be, right?