Chapter 7

There was nothing worse than visiting day.

Sure, some people loved having their parents come to visit them. Those were some who actually had good parents.

Jungkook didn't.

He doesn't remember one birthday he celebrated with them. Doesn't remember them ever acknowledging anything he loves or does. They were always on business trips and only talked to him about studies.

So yeah, he wasn't excited about visiting day.

He was dressed in skinny jeans and a simple white t-shirt, standing in the food hall, where everyone was with their parents. There was good food, so Jungkook's thankful for that. Jimin was with his parents and brother, all smiles. His parents seemed great and he seemed to get along quite well with his brother.

Jungkook was an only child. Figures.

When he was 13, his parents came into his bedroom and said sweetie, we're sending you to boarding school. It'll be better for your studies and for us since we are never around.

Jungkook was thrilled. Never been happier. He packed in a day.

He went back home during holidays, of course. But they were either doing work or at parties and Jungkook was fine with it. It felt good to be alone, it got kind of annoying to constantly be around teenagers. After all, back home he lived in a huge house with an indoor pool, a basketball court, a home cinema and a lot more. So, he was fine.

Of course- why his parents felt the need to come visit him today, he had no clue. He was waiting, hoping they wouldn't show up.

"Hey. Parents not here?" A voice piped and Jungkook turned from where he was leaning against the wall to find V. He was dressed in a sweatshirt and black jeans, holding a cup of orange juice or whatever in his hand.

"They should be. Soon. Tell me when you spot a man and a woman dressed in overly expensive clothes looking disinterested, 'cause that'll be my parents." Jungkook mumbled and V snickered.

"Not excited, huh?" V asked and Jungkook shook his head.

Before he could ask V where his parents were, his phone buzzed in his pocket. He got a text from his dad, saying he's at the entrance of the food hall.

"They're here. See you later?" Jungkook asked, giving him a knowing look.

"Sure." V said smiling and Jungkook returned his smile and then walked off to go find his parents. V seemed more solemn today, which was new.

Jungkook instantly spotted his mother, her hair in a high bun with round sunglasses perched on her nose and a leopard print coat. His father was beside her, in a trench coat and tie. He didn't know why they had to dress like that to come to a fucking school, but okay.

"Jungkookie!" Jungkook's mother gasped when she saw him and Jungkook smiled awkwardly when she pulled him in for a tight hug. His father, just, kind of, shook his hand.

"Hello mom, dad. Um- let's just find a table." Jungkook mumbled and then took them to an empty table on the side. They sat down and his mother sighed.

"So, how's everything? Your roommate? Jimmy?" His mother started and Jungkook sighed.

"Jimin. Yeah, he's fine. Everything's going normally." Jungkook said briefly and his mother smiled.

God, they were embarrassing. Jimin's mother was so nice to Jungkook, even baked him cookies every time she came to visit Jimin because of the one time he said he really liked them. And Jungkook's mother couldn't even remember his name.