Chapter 35

"Do you think I look good? Like, pretty?"

"I already said yes like 12 times." Jimin said and Jungkook huffed, staring at himself in the mirror. Jungkook reached for his lip gloss and applied another layer, making sure it spreads evenly on his lips.

Jungkook just wanted to look pretty. Chanyeol did tell him once (or thrice) to dress pretty and Jungkook just worked with what he had. A peach-pink top with a choker collar, which he hoped made him look like the prettiest little doll (it did). He had on tight skinnies, practically painted on his thighs.

"I know but- ugh this is why I need gay friends." Jungkook mumbled, placing the lipgloss on the countertop of his washroom and exiting it, seeing Jimin sitting on his bed, dressed in a silver silk shirt and tight skinnies.

Jungkook saw him and his eyebrows lifted. "Wait, you're going? I thought you weren't going to since you didn't have a date," Jungkook said and saw a hesitant look cross Jimin's face.

"Oh- I.. um... got one. Doesn't matter, though." Jimin mumbled, scrolling through his phone. Jungkook frowned.

"Come on, Jiminie~ tell me." Jungkook insisted, wondering why Jimin looked a little awkward. Jimin sighed and then stood up, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm going with V. As friends." Jimin said quickly. Jungkook looked at him for a second and then snickered.

"So? Why were you so worried to tell me?" Jungkook said and Jimin reached for the door.

"Dunno. Anyways, let's go." Jimin said, opening the door and gesturing for Jungkook to get out. Jungkook huffed and then walked out, patting down his shirt.

"Are you sure I look fine?" Jungkook said, sounding a little worried. Jimin sighed.

"Yes, Jungkook. Seriously, why're you so worried about how you look? It's just a stupid dance." Jimin said and Jungkook fidgeted with his fingers, his sleeves reaching past his fingertips.

"I-I know. But, I just wanna look good, y'know? Chanyeol's entire grade is going to be judging me." Jungkook mumbled and Jimin pursed his lips, choosing not to respond.

"Plus- he said he wanted to do more stuff tonight.. and, honestly, I'm a little excited? Y'know? Maybe I can finally get over V." Jungkook said in a small voice and Jimin sighed.

"Yeah. Maybe you can."

They reached the sports hall, where the event was happening. It was filled with kids dancing and jumping around, tables lined in the corner stacked with food, and another guy in the corner who was DJ'ing. There was a huge disco ball at the center, flaring flashes of coloured lights across the dimly lit room. God's Plan by Drake was blaring through the speakers and of course everyone was singing along.

Jungkook looked around the room- since it wasn't very hard to find the tallest guy in the school.

"Hey guys." Yoongi said, approaching them, a girl beside him with purple hair and a sharp ass eyeliner, wearing a short black dress.

"Hi Yoongs. Hi Jisoo. You guys look cute." Jimin said. Jisoo smirked, and Yoongi just snickered.

"Where's your date, Park?" Yoongi asked and Jimin sighed, pouting a little.

"Don't have one." Jimin said and Yoongi laughed, reaching over to ruffle Jimin's hair.

"I'm wondering where my date is. Have you guys seen Chanyeol anywhere?" Jungkook asked. Yoongi and Jisoo shook their heads.

"Nope. Ask his friends, maybe?" Yoongi said and Jungkook pressed his lips together and nodded quickly. Maybe he was late. Yeah, that's probably it.

Yoongi and Jisoo left and went to go make out in the corner or whatever. Either way, Jungkook and Jimin joined Bambam and Jackson and were fooling around with them. Jimin was- however Jungkook kept looking around, wondering where the hell Chanyeol was.