Chapter 8

Jungkook was eating breakfast. Coco pops, mixed with cold milk. He was stuffing a spoonful of it in his mouth while hearing some stupid conversation about birds.

"-no dude, the best bird is the penguin."

"Penguin's are fish birds."

"No, they're not-"

"Yes they are! Plus, the best bird is the chicken."

"No one thinks that. Clearly it's eagles."

"Do you guys have literally nothing else to talk about?" Yoongi asked and Jungkook giggled.

He was in a fairly good mood. See, the day before, he'd come out to his parents and to V and kind of bawled like a baby. After all that, he expected V to flip him over and start sucking on his neck, but instead, V didn't.

He, instead, talked. The two talked. They just talked for what seemed like hours, laughing about nonsense. They didn't know they had so much in common and it felt nice, almost. Not everything is about sex, it felt good to get away from that for a bit and just talk about nothing.

Something about it made Jungkook's inside jump.

"Jungkookie!" A loud voice yelled. Jungkook looked up and saw V walking towards their breakfast table.

V walked over and slammed his hand onto the table, a piece of paper underneath.

"I just signed you up for those dance lessons you were talking about." V said, giving him a bright smile. Jungkook's eyes widened.

"V, no, why-why did you do that?" Jungkook squeaked and V looked a little hesitant.

"I.. I don't know. You seemed upset and-and I just wanted you to do what you like." V said in a small voice and Jungkook gulped.

"But-but the class is full of girls-" Jungkook started, V smirked.

"No it's not! I knew you'd be upset about that, so I also signed up Jimin and Hoseok." V said. Jimin choked on his cereal and Hoseok snapped his head up.

"Why?" Hoseok asked. Jimin still seemed to be choking on his cereal.

"Dude, I've seen you dance, alright? You were a fucking legend, you should do it proper." V said and Hoseok rolled his eyes and sat down, humming lightly, not seeming upset.

"Why me? I can't dance!" Jimin exclaimed and Jin laughed. "Please, Park. We've all seen your dance videos from middle school. You're graceful, like a swan." Jin said. Jimin blushed and hit him.

Jungkook looked at V in awe.

"V... that's.. that's really sweet." Jungkook said softly and V sat down beside him. "You... didn't have to do that. I-I don't.. Thank you." Jungkook squeaked out and V smiled, genuinely. It was different to his usual smirks- it was more boxy and adorable.

"It's not a big deal, Jeon." V said. Then he instantly changed the topic because he looked a little uncomfortable dealing with emotions.

Jungkook looked down and smiled, because it was. It was a big deal, because Jungkook's heart was fluttering and he didn't know why.

*

"That was weird." Jimin said, as he and Jungkook left the cafeteria and headed for their classes.

"What? The conversation about birds? Yeah, dude. Didn't know Namjoon cared so much about eagles or whatever." Jungkook snickered and Jimin smacked his head.

"No, dumbass. What V did. Why'd he sign us up for the dancing club? I mean, it's really cool. I've been wanting to get back into dancing for ages, but why?" Jimin asked.