Prologue

Freen's POV

AIRPORT

The anticipation at the airport was palpable as we waited for my friend Nop's long-distance girlfriend, Patricia. Oh, right, she's his fiancé now. It was quite an unusual situation as both of us had never actually met her in person. 

Crazy, right? They had only interacted through video calls and messages.

Nop was carrying a banner that said, "Guess who came home to marry me." I couldn't help but find it a bit cheesy, but love often makes people do quirky things.

To avoid drawing attention to myself as a slightly well-known artist, I decided to disguise myself with a blonde wig, shades, and a hipster-style outfit. I didn't want people recognizing me and potentially causing a commotion. After all, I'm one of the top artists in the country, and sometimes anonymity is a blessing.

As we waited, doubt started creeping into my mind. "Are you really sure that we're meeting a real person? What if she's just a poser?" I skeptically asked Nop.

"We facetime every once in a while, I'm 1000% sure she's real." Nop enthusiastically said.

"We facetime every once in a while, I'm 1000% sure she's real." Nop enthusiastically replied, trying to assure me.

"Well, she better be. I mean, besides the fact that you already proposed to her even though you've only been dating for 4 months online, you better prove that this sht isn't just plain insanity." I half-jokingly said, half-serious.

"For the thousandth time, Freen, she is real." Nop said, exasperated but with a smile.

Just then, his entire body stiffened. I poked him, asking if he was okay.

"It's her." he said, turning my head towards a girl who seemed to be looking for someone.

I adjusted my glasses to make sure I was seeing the real thing. Beautiful was an understatement. She was like an ethereal presence, and for a moment, I thought I heard angels singing and trumpets playing inside my head as she saw us and started walking towards us. 

I guess angels do exist.

But another reason bothered the sht out of me.

BECKY

Nop introduced me to his fiancé, Patricia. All I could manage to say was, "Patricia." This couldn't be happening. The girl in front of me looked exactly like someone I knew. Someone who had left a mark on my life.

"Hi Freen, nice to meet you." Patricia said, offering her hand. But as soon as I removed the shades I was wearing, her expression suddenly changed. It was as if she recognized me, which confused me even more.

"N-nice to meet you too." I said, trying to act composed, though my heart was racing.

An awkward silence followed, and Patricia quickly clung to Nop's arm. "Anyway, I'm starving. I'm sure you are too, babe. Let's go?" Nop suggested, breaking the silence.

FLASHBACK

In my room.

"Freen, you're sick! You need help!" My mom cried, her face a mix of concern and disappointment.

"Ma, I'm fine. There's nothing wrong with me. Besides, what's the big deal? It's just a collection." I tried to explain, attempting to calm her down.

"A collection?! S*x dolls in your basement, Freen?! You're a woman! And I didn't raise you to be this perverted!"

"I swear they're all just for display. I never touched any of them, Ma." I assured her, but it fell on deaf ears.