Chapter 16

Saint's POV

PAST

I'm on the phone with the s*x doll company draft's man.

What do you mean someone else already bought it?. Didn't I personally asked you to make me a model of that girl Becky working in that coffee shop in particular?.

I always go to this coffee shop every morning until recently, this new girl got my attention.

Our other client Mrs. Harper threatened to shut our operations down, so Mr. Korn had no choice but to say yes to the agreement.

Mrs. Harper?.

From Harper Inc.

It can't be. I'm actually a doctor and Mrs. Harper is my patient.

FLASHBACK

"We did our best, but I'm sorry to tell you that you only have few months or even few weeks to live Mrs. Harper. Your brain tumor had become malignant. Conducting an operation could be too risky. My only advice for you is to at least try to enjoy your remaining days."

EOFB

I thought this might be her attempt to enjoy her last days, didn't really expect she'd be into that.

I mean she's successful and a family woman, would she rather focus on that instead of the 'thing'?.

So, I decided to just let it go and find some other model for research purposes. That's all the creation of Becky is all about after all, research.

..

Patricia's POV

PRESENT

She walked out and I rushed to follow her.

"Freen please--" I cried as I tried to stop her from leaving.

She stopped and looked at me with her eyes now red and drowning in tears.

She sighed heavily and for a moment her expression softened.

"You know what Becky or whatever your freakin' name is, you!. You made me believe in magic, and among all your tricks I hate the disappearing act. How I wish these feelings disappeared along with you, disappeared as easy as you did." She calmly told me, but enough to hit my soul real hard.

"Freen--"

"Well turns out you and Nop deserve each other after all!. You're no different to that cheating bastard!. I thought that finally figuring out his side schemes was a sign from the universe for me to be brave enough to tell you how I felt.."

"..Oh, G knows how I held myself back Becky. But I was wrong. You're not worth the risk. You never were. You're nothing but a liar, a cheater and a manipulative opportunists!." She said before finally leaving.

She can never be too right than that. That's all I am.

Richie came to comfort me, which I don't think I still deserve. I'm a monster. I hurt every person I proclaimed to love.

NEXT DAY

I locked myself in the room while Freen hasn't come home yet.

I suddenly heard footsteps rushing upstairs.

"Patricia, I'm sorry. Please open the door! Patricia!." I heard Nop cried.

"I'm sorry but she's not talking to anyone right now."

"I just need to talk to her. I have to explain." Nop said.

"You have nothing to explain. Cheating is cheating. Besides, my sister locking herself like this has nothing to do with you so back off. The wedding of the century ain't happening." Richie said.

"What? No! Patricia please--you can't do this to me!. I swear I'll change! I swear--"

"Didn't you hear what he said?. He said this has nothing to do with you." I came out of the room looking like the corpse bride.

"Babe, I swear--we can still fix this." Nop begged. Oh he has a black eye and her face is pretty swollen, I noticed.

"Enough with the drama lover boy tsk. We're going back to England soon and I swear you'll never see my sister ever again. Not even a silhouette. So, better find another bride that you can manipulate." Richie said.

"You're leaving?." Nop asked me.

..

Freen's POV

I'm still in jail after I got arrested last night for beating Nop up. Serves him right. The police were actually really after me the moment I left that party where I broke Nop's stupid face.

But what Becky did to me is beyond any type of pain I've been through in this lifetime.

I thought I'm going to spend the rest of my days miserable in here, not until my stepfather Uncle Henry Harper and my younger sister (12 year old) Hannah came to get me out of here.

FF

We went to the cemetery to visit Mommy's tomb. We lit up some candles and placed down some flowers.

"She wanted to give you this." Uncle Henry handed an envelope.

"What is this?."

"She wanted to apologize to you 'til her last breath." Hannah said.

"Apologize for what?."

"It's all in there. And she wanted to give you this for so long as well." Hannah said and I didn't expect her to give me a really tight hug.

The same tight hug I've wanted to get from Mom my entire life.

I hugged her back tighter, as if I was hugging mom herself.

But I refused to open the letter for hours. I just want to cherish this day with my family.

4 PM

I went back home right after I read the letter but the house is empty.

Even her things are all gone.