Chapter 25

Becky's POV

AFTER THE TRIAL

At the hallway.

"You knew about this all along and you didn't even told us?." I said to Atty. Morgan.

"Miss Amanda wasn't really the one who asked to search for you, it was your parents. Your parents personally asked Miss Amanda to make you Emily's primary custodian, and that's what she wrote in her last will. I'm sorry I lied about who was taking care of Emily when Miss Amanda was in the hospital. It was your parents and they're the ones living next door." Atty. Morgan explained.

This is messed up. My parents only didn't die for real, but they're living next door? Like seriously?!.

"This doesn't make any sense. We saw it with our own eyes Attorney, our parents were shot in broad daylight. Police were even there."

"It was all staged."

"B-but why on earth would they freakin' do that?." I asked.

"They found out that your father's brother Ray was planning to assassinate them so he could take custody of you and your brother for the sake of your inheritance, so your parents faked their death on the day of the supposed assassination."

"They abandoned us." I said.

"Because they thought Ray won't harm you and your brother, that his target were only your parents.."

"..Ray never drunk in his lifetime and your father knew that, and up til the day of the assassination, your father was still hesitant to believe that his own brother wanted to kill him and his wife.."

"..Ray only started drinking when he thought your parents were dead. Or shall I say, your mother. Turns out it was a sibling rivalry over a woman, your mother Becky.."

"..Your uncle Ray only wanted to kill your father so he could take his place, but things didn't went as planned." Atty. Morgan explained.

"We went back to get you and Richie, but it was too late. You already ran away, and we had no idea where to find you. We spent years to search for you." Daddy interrupted.

"We saw you at the airport with your ex fiancé that day and followed you to that restaurant." Mom said.

FLASHBACK

"I'm sorry but, is there something on my face?." I asked Freen. Nop's eyebrows also furrowed.

"N-no. I-I guess--you just really look familiar, I mean you look exactly like the one I know. Did you happen to have a twin sister or something?." She answered.

"I'm an orphan so I didn't really know if--" I told her.

"Oh. I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to--"

"It's okay. Not a big deal anyway." I told her.

EOFB

"We figured that you might not as well need us back into your life." Daddy said.

"Well, you practically made us believe that you're dead. What do you expect us to do? Celebrate after you lied to us for years?. Becky learned to steal and I was sent to the streets of Dublin to clean dogsht and practically eating rats for breakfast just to survive. And now you want to take custody of Emily after we developed attachment towards the child?. Is this a joke?!." Richie said, as if he's holding in his anger.