Chapter 19

Freen's POV

It's 8 AM.

I just finished eating breakfast at a nearby restaurant with France, Heng and his flamboyant manager Didi.

In my hotel room,

Sht, a miscall from Becky an hour ago.

I tried calling her back but she's not picking up. Or maybe she's just busy right?.

But 2 days passed and she still haven't replied my messages and picked up my calls.

I'm starting to worry even more.

9 PM

We're here in a dressing room backstage, retouching for my next performance with Heng.

Becky still hasn't picked up my calls.

"Are you okay?. You've been staring at your phone since the other day." Heng said.

"Y-yeah."

"Trying to call your boyfriend? Oops, am I allowed to say it?." He said as he looked around.

I mean some celebrities preferred privacy when it comes to relationships but not me.

"More like a girlfriend." I said and left, leaving him dumbfounded.

THE NEXT DAY

"Are you insane?. Hey stop, you can't do this--" France said.

"You don't understand France, I need to see Becky--" As I packed my things up.

"What?. Becky who?."

"Patricia. Tsk it's a long story."

"What does Nop's fiancé had to do with this?." He said.

"They broke up. Look, I really need to go. So, will you please get the f away from the door?." I warned.

"No, you're not going anywhere. Freen, you still have another performance tonight. Besides, I don't get it. If she already broke up with your bestfriend then why are you packing up like this, rushing to go back to Thailand?. What in a world could be your valid reason to leave your fans hanging like that?." He said, still confused about what's going on.

"She's my girlfriend."

SILENCE

"I-I'm sorry, your what?. N-no, no, no. You're bluffing. She's not--" He said.

"She is my girlfriend and she hasn't picked up my calls for days. If that's not valid enough for me to go home, then I don't know what is." I sincerely told him.

"Are you really out of your mind?. H-how about Heng?. Your ship with him is helping your career so much, you can't just abandon that!."

SILENCE

..

Becky's POV

It's 4 in the afternoon and I'm still waiting for Emily to get out from school.

I've been thinking these past few days that maybe I should go back to work.

Truth is that I actually resigned back in England and from doing volunteer work in the Philippines as a Nurse because I really thought I'm going to end up with Nop and I'll live here for good with him, helping him manage their family business.

But since Freen came along and changed everything none of the things we've planned happened.

And no, I don't think I'm having regrets. Not until now.

I tried applying to different hospitals but they still haven't called me.

"Aunt Becky." Oh, I didn't realize Emily's finally here.

"Let's go?."

"When is Lady Freen coming home?." She sulked.

"Well uh, I have no idea. Maybe soon, maybe never." I said as I put her bag at the backseat.

But once I saw her frown,

"Or maybe she's just around the corner." I said with a smile just to cheer her up.

"You know Aunt Becky, my 7th birthday will be in 2 days and I kinda invited all my classmates. None of them came last year but once I told them that Lady Freen's coming, they were all so excited. I never had a friend in school." She sincerely said.

FLASHBACK

"Happy Birthday Becky!. Make a wish, make a wish." My parents and Richie said.

It's my 7th birthday. Never thought it'd be the last birthday I'd have with my family.

I never had friends in school, just my brother Richie.

People just think I'm weird, like I'm some other specie, that I'm not british enough just like my peers just because I'm half Thai.

I never really belonged in there, that's why my family is everything I have.

After that, I stopped celebrating birthdays.

EOFB

But I don't want Emily to suffer the same way I did. She deserves a family that truly cares, people that will be there for her no matter what.

I know I'm mad at Freen but right now I'm at the point of my life where I'm just willing to set that aside just to see Emily smile.

"She'll be there." I said.

"Promise?."

"Well, the universe better make a way." I said.

"Thank you Aunt Becky." She suddenly hugged me.

This melt my heart in just milliseconds.

"Anything for my favorite girl." I said as I gently rubbed her back.

NEXT DAY

With all my pride set aside, I finally tried to call Freen but,

Out of coverage? Where on earth is she?.

I tried over and over the entire day but no answer.

Gosh, this is hopeless. Could she even make it in time?.

Or maybe she doesn't even care after all tsk.

Of course she's still with that Heng guy.

9 PM

I went to Emily's room and she's already asleep. I sat at the side of the bed fixing her hair.

I just cried by the thought that she'll be disappointed and heartbroken to know that Freen is not coming after all.

BIG DAY , SATURDAY

8 AM

Her classmates are all here playing at the backyard while Emily sits here with me 'waiting for Freen' which I know at the back of my head is not coming.

She's waiting optimistically and that just breaks my heart.

When all of a sudden, the door bell rang and out of impulse we both stood up.

"N-no. Stay here. I'll get it." I said.

The excitement in her eyes tho. Gosh universe, 'Please be Freen, please be Freen.'