Chapter 40

Becky's POV

I went straight into the address of the church that Emily sent but there was nobody there,

"Are you looking for something child?." An old woman came to me. She is a street sweeper.

"A-a wedding--was there--"

"Oh. The ceremony ended an hour ago. It was a foreigner and this beautiful girl. She looks exactly like a celebrity." She said.

I guess it's too late now.

FLASHBACK

Seems like the ceremony just finished.

As they get closer to my direction, it becomes clearer that it's actually Freen in a wedding dress holding hands with my brother in a suit smiling at each other as they passed through me as if I'm a ghost.

..

"Told ya', should've took piano lessons with me." Richie teased.

"Yeah, whatever. But touch her in a way I wouldn't like and you'll never get to play again." I warned him.

"Come on, I'm your brother. You love me." He teased me even more tsk.

..

Of course, Richie's here. He might've figured that Freen's going to be here with us. They looked like they're really enjoying each other's company alright.

But really? Talking here instead of going inside? Tsk Richie and his ways.

I then rushed back inside when I saw them started walking towards my direction.

"Where were you? Where's Freen?." Yuki asked, a bit confused.

"Coming. She's with Rich--"

"Oh my gosh, look at them. They look so cute together." She grabbed her phone and took a couple of pictures from the glass window before they get inside.

"They are." Was all I can say.

..

8 PM In the kitchen.

Freen is still at work right now when my brother Richie came to visit.

"..there, I said it. I want to make it official. I want to finally ask Freen to be my girlfriend." He said.

"You can't." I said impulsively.

"Excuse me?." Of course he's confused.

..

"Aren't we happy enough?. I mean we are together Freen, why is marriage even necessary?." I honestly told her.

"What do you mean?." She asked.

"I'm pretty sure I'm committed to you. That should be enough right?. You and me, forever. Besides, it's just a piece of paper Freen. And a wedding will just cost us a fortune." I said.

..

Freen and I dancing in the middle of the theater stage as Richie plays the piano, singing and nobody else were there except us three is like a scene straight out from a movie or fairytale.

How I wish to stay like this with Freen for a very very long time.

..

"She'll be an Armstrong in 2 years." I told him.

"Better be here by that time or else she'll marry a different Armstrong." He warned in a teasing manner.

EOFB

Tsk. He didn't even wait for 2 years.

6 PM

I decided to come home after sitting down the boulevard for hours, staring blankly into air.

But the moment I swung the door open,

"Surprise!. Welcome home!."

Everybody's here, my parents, my friends and Emily.

But no Freen and Richie.

"Looking for someone?."

I felt like my heart suddenly dropped on the floor the moment I realized who spoke behind me.

I turned and I was right, it is Freen. She's here, she's really here. I burst out crying as I pulled her in for a really really tight hug.

She can stand, walk and speak now. Her hair is cut short and was colored blonde that I almost didn't recognize her, and looking gorgeous in a black fit dress.

"H-how--I thought--"

"I fully recovered 5 months ago and was supposed to be a surprise but our dear Emily here couldn't wait for you to come home so yeah--you're here. I miss you honey." Freen sincerely said.

"H-how about Richie?." I asked.

"He went right back to England just a week after I recovered. He had some problems with immigration b-but don't worry, he's fine. Besides, looks like he's finally bringing a girl this holiday." Freen explained that everybody's happy about too.

"S-so he's not marrying you?." I clarified.

"Of course not, silly. That's why you're here." She gently pinched the tip of my nose.

A smile slowly crept into my face,

"Unless--" She added.

"I don't mind." I said with a teasing smile.

She smiled back saying,

"I'm sorry, but that won't work for me honey." Before pulling me in for a kiss.

Nam instantly covered Emily's eyes. Too much trauma for the kid, alright.

FF

AT THE BEACH

"In the name of G, I, Rebecca Patricia Armstrong, take you, Freen Sarocha, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until parted by death. This is my solemn vow."

"You may now kiss the bride." The Pastor said.

I looked at Freen intently into the eyes saying,

"Please be gentle." Reminding her that people and children are looking.

She smiled and said,

"Promise I'll be the boss at home?."

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Do you want us to break up right now?."

"N-no. I mean--"

"You may now kiss the bride." The Pastor said again.

"Fine." Freen finally gave in to my request.

I smiled and finally pulled her in for the kiss.