Chapter 28

Freen's POV

Despite of the issues I had with Nop, I'm still glad that I can pretty much count on his cousins and my non-celebrity friend Tee.

Nam, Kade and Tee helped me accomplish what I've always wanted to do—sell candles.

I know, people might think that I've completely lost my mind for giving up the spotlight and decided to sell candles instead.

But no, this is the life I want and probably a private one with Becky this time.

We broke up weeks ago because of me, but now I'm trying to be better for her and become a better person.

I swear to be a better lover this time even though there's no guarantee that she would still want to get back with me.

"Aren't you Freen Sarocha the singer?." A mother with her child suddenly came to me while I'm selling candles at a University Sidewalk along with street food vendors.

"Nah. I'm Freen who sells scented candles." I said with a smile.

"How much are those?." The mother asked while smiling back at me.

4 PM

I usually wait Emily get out of school at this hour and then I drive her home since Becky gets out of work at 7 PM.

It's been months but she still haven't talked to me yet. But it's alright.

7:30 PM

I prepared dinner for the three of us.

"Join us." I politely offered.

Becky just looked at us completely ignoring my offer and was about to go upstairs when,

"Please Mommy--" Emily begged.

Emily called her Mommy for the first time and I'm pretty it's melting her heart right now even though she's flashing us her poker face.

So, there she is. Sitting next to Emily, finally decided to eat the one I cooked.

"Tastes great right, mommy?." Emily happily said to Becky.

"It's fine." Becky said, expressionless.

But I know she likes it, I saw that restricted smile when she looked away.

I finally left at 8:30 PM after I washed the dishes.

"Bye Mommy Freen." Emily hugged me as Becky stood right next to her.

We pulled away but then,

"Mommy Beck, say goodbye." Emily requested to the latter.

Becky just waved her hand goodbye at me. I mean that's a good thing right?.

NEXT DAY - SATURDAY

12 NOON

I'm still selling candles at the University Sidewalk under the blazing sun when Emily suddenly came to me.

"Heeey, what are you doing here?. Wait, don't tell me you came here all by yourself?." I worriedly told her.

"I'm with Mommy Becky." She pointed at the car parked just a few steps away from us.

I saw Becky inside the car. Hmm she's driving, cool.

"Eat lunch with us." She added.

"Uhm--you see, I'm still working. So uh maybe, next time?." I politely told her.

I mean Becky looks a bit impatient and I'm sure she wouldn't want me there anyway.

"Mommy asked you to come." She said.

"R-really? She said that?." My face lit up.

"Y-yeah, so let's go." She dragged me.

"W-wait, I'll just bring this in my car." I told her and then followed her to Becky's car.

FF

We're now eating at a restaurant when Emily excused herself to the restroom.

I offered to come with her but she refused so Becky and I stayed here.

AWKWARD SILENCE

"I see what you're doing here. You're using the kid--" She finally spoke.

"What are you talking about? Aren't you the one who asked me to come and have lunch with you?." I said.

"And why would I do that?." She seriously told me.

And then I realized how much Emily just made a fool out of me. Tsk kids.

"Nice glasses, by the way." She said out of nowhere. Well, I started wearing glasses since my eyes had become blurry.

"Nice dress. B-but a little revealing, don't you think?." I honestly said.

"I can wear whatever I want." She said with a serious tone.

"Of course." Right, she's not my girlfriend anymore tsk.

"But I'm a little cold. So won't you mind lend me your jacket?." She said, which somehow lighten the atmosphere.

I smile crept into my face as I lend her my jacket.

"Don't worry, I'll return it right away." She said, still with a serious tone.

"No need. It's all yours." I sincerely said.

And we sat there staring into each other's eyes when,

"I'm baaaack. What's up?." Emily suddenly came.

..

Becky's POV

Time flew so fast, I didn't even realized that a year had passed.

I didn't only learned how to drive. I also learned how to swim and surf.

Freen and I had decided to be friends for Emily and I didn't really expect it to work for us.

8 PM

We watched sci-fi documentaries with Emily until she fell asleep. She's literally obsessed with space and aliens.

Freen carried to her bed.

"She's growing up so fast." Freen said.

"She is." I agreed.

"Anyways, we'll have an overtime at the factory tomorrow so I can't fetch her from school." Freen said.

"On it." I said.

"K, uhm--it's already late. Gotta go." She said.

"Y-yeah."

"Goodnight." Freen said.

"Goodnight." I told her and she finally left the room.

I saw how she grew and worked hard on her dreams, selling candles.

She recently opened her candle factory while I got promoted as the Chief Nursing Executive.

We sure did grew after the break-up but I never really felt like we were growing apart. In fact, it feels like we're growing closer.

We recently worked together in a charity project and medical mission she arranged.

Emily's 8th Birthday will be in 3 days but I haven't thought about what I'm buying for her this year.

So, I went to go ask Freen so we could buy together.

I decided to visit her at the factory when I saw her talking to a guy and it seems like they're really enjoying each other's company.

I left instead.

Damn, you stupid heart!.