Chapter 8

Freen's POV

PRESENT

I cleared all my appointments for today due to Patricia's favor.

I mean she's going to be my bestfriend's wife so I think it's only reasonable for me to prioritize her at least for a single day.

She said she's no longer familiar with the place since she's been staying abroad for years, she didn't even knew some of the new buildings and businesses around here.

Plus, I could drive her wherever she wants which is more convenient at any circumstance.

We stopped at a nearby flower shop.

We're choosing flowers for their wedding.

"These looks good." Patricia pointed.

"Daisy is nice." I said.

"Daisies symbolize loyal love, gentleness and innocence." Patricia said.

"You actually believe in that?." I told her.

"Why not?."

"It's a flower, a plant. It doesn't mean anything. People are just making those meanings up to sell these. Don't tell me you also believe in magic haha."

"What's so funny about that?. What if I do?. Does that make me less of a person?." She seriously said to me with furrowed eyebrows.

I can't believe Nop is going to marry this naive girl. Pathetic.

"Everybody knows magic ain't real." I told her.

"Well, is it really Freen?."

IRONICALLY,

PAST

It's 11 PM and I still can't sleep.

What if I wake up the next day and Becky is gone forever?.

I turned to her which is currently sleeping peacefully.

Her face and body look and feels so real.

How can a hallucination be this vivid?

I've always been hesitant to touch her but right this moment I felt like--no Freen, stop! You can't!. You just can't!.

She suddenly moved and I decided to turn my back and force myself to sleep.

3 DAYS PASSED

6 dolls in my collection were left.

I am reading a book to sleep when I suddenly felt hands touching my shoulders.

"W-what are you doing?." I panicked.

"Massaging you. You look really exhausted. You work so hard." She said as she started massaging me.

But it doesn't feel like it's relaxing me, instead it felt like I am burning inside.

"A-alright. Uh stop. Stop that." I moved away from her.

"Why? What's wrong?." She asked with a worried look.

"Well, I see what you're doing here. You're trying to seduce me." I concluded.

"What are you talking about?."

"See? I told y--w-wait, you're not?."

"You said you need a friend." Becky explained.