Chapter 32

Freen's POV

I replied,

I'm busy.

And I thought that's it, but damn it she called tsk.

At first, I refused to answer but she kept calling me over and over. So I answered it,

What took you so long--

Mad is an understatement. She almost sound like a needy wife.

I said I'm busy.

I said with no expression. Yeah, just like her.

I told you I bought something and--

So what?.

Excuse me?

Becky look, people have lives you know.

So you're really not coming?.

No.

Well, then I'm coming to you.

W-what? Are you insane?!. I-In the factory? N-no freakin' way.

I start to panic. I mean who wouldn't, right?

Look, I've been really excited to finally get this car and now--

W-wait, a car?. Y-you bought a car?.

Well, this is awkward. Like so damn awkward.

Yeah, a car. I want you to test drive it with me. W-wait, are you thinking of something else?.

She asked in a teasing way.

O-of course not!.

Are you--OMG Freen--

I swear--

I'll drive this there and then--

I said I'm busy.

What? Sorry, I didn't hear it. You're choppy. Anyways, I'm coming.

What? No! Becky--

Bye.

And there it is, she finally ended the call. Tsk. I swear this woman will send me back to my therapist.

She came 30 minutes later with the new car.

"Looks great." I commented.

"I know right. So, hop in. We're gonna ride this--"

"Well, about that--I-I can't. You see, I got work." I told her.

But in reality, I'm just trying to avoid trouble.

"It'll be a short ride. We'll be right back. They won't notice you're gone." She assured me.

FLASHBACK

30 minutes had passed and Becky still haven't came back, I tried calling her but I think she turned off her phone. Now, I'm really starting to worry.

"Uhm excuse me girls, but I think I gotta go find Becky." I worriedly said.

But,

"I know she makes you happy, but as your friends I think you deserve to know the truth." Jisoo suddenly said.

Lisa suddenly showed me circulating photos online of Becky and this Doctor. I even checked it with my phone just to make sure.

"I'm sorry." Lisa sincerely said.

"I'm pretty sure it's just a misunderstanding. Look girls, I know Becky. She won't do that to me." I sincerely told them.

"Oh come on stop being blind Freen. It's obvious. Your girlfriend is nothing but a gold digging wh*re. I mean she cheated on Nop to be with you. Do you really expect her to be loyal to you as well?. Pathetic." Rosé mockingly said.

"How dare you talk about her like that?!. You don't even know her!." I grabbed her collar.

"Well, what do you call that?." Jennie smirked as she pointed at Becky and Billy sitting close to each other.

And it's like all I have fought for got shattered in an instance.

EOFB

I took the ride that Becky offered. She's driving now and I can't help but steal glances at her.

She's looking beautiful as she usually does.

Although we broke up, but my loyalty stays with her. It's always been her.

She didn't end our relationship because of the words I said that night but because I failed as a lover. I didn't treat her right like I proclaimed. I didn't give her enough assurance. And I knew that, I despised myself every single day for that.

I did want to make things right, I did want to get her back but along the way I realized that maybe it's better for us to be apart.

I didn't want to cost her more than the damage I caused.

I didn't want to break her heart even more.

I realized that love is not necessarily a relationship or a feeling but something good that you do regardless of what you feel.

Something good like doing things for them without expecting anything in return. Something good like letting go. Something good like wishing them happiness even when it's not with you.

Sometimes it's not enough to just want her back or get back with her after messing everything up.

Sometimes, the best form of love is refusing to hurt them even more and allow them to grow.

I love you Becky, but I think you deserve someone better. Someone who wouldn't hurt you like I did. Someone who wouldn't let you get through hell like we had.

I wiped off my tears before she notice but it's too late now. She already pulled up the car at the side of the road.

"Hey, what's wrong?." She sincerely asked me with a worried look.

"Nothing." I told her as I kept wiping my tears.

"Freen--"

"I-I'm just happy you can drive on your own." I said.

She looked at me appreciatively,

"Y-yeah. Changes. Good changes." She said as she optimistically looked at the bright blue sky.

Which means she's better off without me.

"Why'd you suddenly called me to come test drive your new car?." I sincerely asked.

"Honestly?. I just really want to spend time with you. A-and I kinda felt bad about what I said last time, I couldn't sleep. Not a single blink." She sincerely said.

"Last time?."

"Yesterday. You know I'm not that cruel right?. You know it wasn't just nothing." Becky said as if she's about to cry.

SILENCE

"I know you've hurt me big time before and I won't lie I wanted to hurt you back. But I don't get it Freen, it's like everytime I intend to hurt you it hurts me a thousand times more.."

"..I kept telling myself to never beg for you to come back to me but here I am again, swallowing my pride. Scared to death that one of these days someone will come into your life and you'll love them back, or worse you'll love them more than you loved me. Call me selfish, call me names. I don't care anymore! I don't care if--" She cried.

But then I pulled her in for a kiss. A passionate one.

And just like that, I ate everything I've said to myself.