Chapter 26

Becky's POV

I finally got back to work and people seemed to avoid me. I get it, they don't want another trouble.

"Good morning." It's that Doctor again.

"G-good morning." I awkwardly said to him.

"I saw what happened at the cafeteria days ago." He said.

"O-oh, uhm sorry about that."

"Well, consequences for those foul mouths. Serves them right." He said with a smile.

"Y-yeah." I said, smiling back at him.

"By the way, I'm Doctor Saint. I was Mrs. Harper's physician. Uh your girlfriend's mom."

"Yeah, I know Mrs. Harper. Uhm Becky--"

"I know." He impulsively said.

"What?."

"Freen mentioned you in her interview, and of course those circulating photos on social media." He explained.

"R-right."

"So uh--see you around Nurse Becky." He said with a wider smile and finally walked ahead.

Hmm weird.

..

Freen's POV

Richie drove me to the temple. He said he wanted to tell me something.

"According to Dad's private investigator, your father died in jail last year. He was attacked by his fellow inmate.."

"..The warden assigned to supervise him sworn to his grave that your father was an innocent man and that he deserves the justice that he's been fighting for his entire life.."

"..He did have an odd collection as what those people stated but he didn't commit all those crimes that he was forced to admit.."

"..Your father was a great businessman but the downside about it is the more he achieve in life, the more people envy him. The judge of his case was one of them."

"..Nobody believed in him, not even your mother. He wanted to tell you til his last breath that he is so proud of you. He wanted to tell you that he never abandoned you. He wanted to tell you how much he loves you.."

"..He was watching your live concert on prison TV that day and refused to change the channel. Then his inmate--his inmate ended his sufferings."

I never met the man but I just broke down. If only I searched for him. If only I wondered enough.

8PM

I got invited to a party with my celebrity friends (Lisa, Jennie, Rosé, Jisoo etc.)

..

Becky's POV

People here seemed to be famous and outgoing, a world that I simply don't belong.

A lot of them were talking to Freen and even asked me to take pictures of them.

Freen is currently talking to her female celebrity friends when I told her that I'll just grab some few drinks.

I drank some and sat at the corner couch as I watched her talk with those girls, having the best time of her life.

She didn't even notice that I didn't came back.

30 minutes had passed and it seems like she completely forgot about me.

A man sat beside me and instantly recognized who I am.

"Becky right?." He said.

"You know me?." I asked, confused.

"Of course. Freen's girlfriend. I've been looking forward to finally meet you. By the way, I'm Billy. Freen and I used to work together for a TV Commercial Jingle. Were you with her?." He said.

"Y-yeah. She's just talking to her friends."

"Leaving you here all by yourself?." He said in a worried tone.

"It's fine. I'm used to it, actually."

"Yeah. It sucks sometimes don't you think?." He said as he fixed my hair.

The next thing I know, Billy's lips are bleeding. Freen.

"What the heck is wrong with you?!." Billy exclaimed.

"Get the fck away from my girlfriend." Freen warned and dragged me out of the party, leading us inside her car.

"Freen look, it's not what you think--"

"Well, what if it is?!." She said.

SILENCE

"Y-you know me, you know I can't--"

"That's the point Becky, I'm not sure anymore if I still do!."

"W-why would you say that?." As I held my tears, with a huge lump in my throat.

"What is this then?." She showed me the pictures circulating online. It was a picture of me and Dr. Saint at the hospital.

"We were just talking. Of course he's a senior and--"

"And seriously? Flirting with Billy?!." She added.

"That's not what happened." I sincerely said as I tried to calm her down.

"Yeah? Well, that's what it actually looks like. You know what, enough of your lies!. Maybe people were right after all, maybe you are a wh*re!."

*Slaps*

"How dare you?!."

"Becky I--"

"Well then maybe you're right. Maybe you don't know me after all." I said as I opened the car door.

"Becky please--I didn't mean to--"

"Of course you mean it. You know what, let's end this sht. I'm so tired of this setup. I'm so tired of always being the one left behind. I'm so tired living this hellish life where people constantly reminds me that I don't deserve you!. I'm so tired of being called terrible names just because I chose to love you!. Maybe it'll be better for the both of us to just break up!."

"Becky please--Becky--"

But it's too late now, I already made up my mind.