Chapter 27

Freen's POV

5 days have passed and she's still shutting me doors, but I'm still happy for her for finally getting custody of Emily.

Richie told me that they're celebrating for the case's success and how he think it's better for me to not show up at a time like this.

"Just give Becky time to cool down. I'm sure everything will be fine afterwards."  I remember him saying on the phone that night.

8 PM

I checked some mails sent from fans that I kept in the basement but what caught my attention were the only ones with pink envelope.

There were 4 letters in total.

[ "The easiest thing to do is probably fall in love with you. The only scary part is that the past still kept me in that box because of guilt. I was trapped again. I've hurt you so bad and I know sorry would never be enough." ] - 1st letter.

[ "If only I could be given a chance to live another life, I would love to spend the rest of it with you. No more secrets, no more lies. And in those days, I could proudly say with no hesitations that I LOVE YOU BACK."

I LOVE YOU FREEN. ALWAYS HAVE, ALWAYS WILL. ] - 2nd letter

[ "Unfortunately, another life is not 100 hundred percent guaranteed but the best part about THIS LIFE is that it gives us chances. Good thing I grabbed it once it was given to me." ] 3rd letter.

[ "Loving him was suffocating. It's like I was trapped in a box all over again. But with you, I felt free. You allowed me to breathe, Freen. You allowed me to be me."

Love, your number 1 fan Becky ♥ ] 4th letter.

Tears fell down before I realized. She must've put these in here during those times when I still call her Patricia.

The guilt, humiliation and pain she kept for all those years. All for me.

But I completely ignored everything she sacrificed for me. I had the guts to question her love, to question her loyalty.

What have I done?.

NEXT DAY

The host finally called out my name and I went to stand up on stage with my guitar as people cheered for my name.

"First of all, I would love to thank G and everyone who made it to this event and all our beloved sponsors that made this wonderful moment possible."

SILENCE

They probably noticed how I'm about to tear up.

"Thank you everyone for being part of my journey, for being part of making this dream come true. But just like everything in the universe, everything has an end and this is mine.."

"..I know a lot of you have been devasted or even disappointed for what happened these past few days.."

"..I am well aware that a lot of you despised Becky. But I'm here to tell you that she's not what you thought she is. She's nothing like the one you see online.."

"..It's easy to make up stories. That's what toxic people do. And I already got enough of it. If this life on a pedestal would cost me to lose the love of my life, then I don't want it."

"I have hurt her, so bad. Even I was fool enough to believe those lies that some of you posted. Those merely just words but it cuts deep. It ruins relationships.."

"..So, today I would love to announce that your Queen is stepping down from her throne, giving up her crown for she chose to be with the one that the world see as a commoner. Have a nice day everyone."

I finally said and left the stage as everyone in audience were sobbing.

Then I saw France at the backstage.

He just looked at me appreciatively.

"Go get your girl back." He sincerely said and pulled him in for a hug and finally left the studio.

..

Becky's POV

AT THE HOSPITAL

I don't know what everyone's crying about at the cafeteria while watching live noon-time show on TV when I passed by.

I continued walking towards my patient's room. It's a dying old woman named Mrs. Markle.

She has a brain tumor with only few months to live.

I checked her vitals and finally gave her pills for this hour.

"There is no moment that is more perfect and important than now." She said out of nowhere.

"Ma'am?."

"My late husband used to say." She said with a smile.

"My condolences." I sincerely told her.

"Marriage is funny don't you think?. It has an expiration date just like everything else." She said with an optimistic expression.

"It does." I said with a half smile.

"Probably because death don't discriminate. Rich, poor, young, old, male, female, black, white. Not even the son of G got to escape it. That's just how life ends for all of us. So, make the best out of it, okay?." She said as she held my hand.

"I will." I told her appreciatively.

"And never forget to show and tell that person how much you love them every chance you get." She finally said.

SILENCE

For a moment, I suddenly don't know what to say.