Chapter 4

Patricia's POV

Nop and I are now on our way to his parent's house while I'm busy talking to my older brother Richie on the phone.

I promise, I'll be there on your wedding day. I just really had a lot of stuff to finish here in the office.

Well, you always had a lot of things to do. All you do is work, work, work. No wonder why you can't get a girlfriend.

Who needs a girlfriend anyways?.

Yeah sure.

Look, I'll be fine alright?. You have nothing to worry about. And a promise is a promise, I'll be in your wedding Bec.

It's Patricia. *I corrected him*

Sorry, uhm Patricia.

Well, it's true that I'm an orphan but it was never really like that in the first place. In fact, I had a family. A happy one.

FLASHBACK

I remember going for a picnic and playing at a park in London with Richie while our parents are happily eating and talking.

Both sides came from old money families and I can say we were more than comfortable. The only downside of it is that our lives were constantly in danger.

And that day was one of those days, the day that changed our lives forever.

Not the best sight for a kid but yes, I saw how our parents were shot in broad daylight by men in a van.

Everyone around ran after hearing the gunshots and all Richie and I could do that time was just cry and hide.

Minutes later police officers came to investigate and rescue us. The men responsible for the crime were caught but that didn't matter to us. None of them can bring back what we lost.

Later on, one of our uncles took custody only to find out that he's an abusive drunkard who was only there for the inheritance.

So, my brother and I decided to run away. I was only 7 and Richie was 11 back then.

We were walking down the streets one night, barefoot with our stomachs grumbling under a pouring rain when suddenly hands grabbed us inside a van, drugging us unconscious.

The next thing I know I'm in one of Thailand's Ports. I know this place since this is my mom's homeland. We were in a yacht the last time we were here.

I panicked once I realized that Richie isn't here with me. I am with some other girls which hands are also tied with rope and mouths were taped.

"Walk faster!." The man from behind pushed me.

For 3 years, these syndicates treated us like slaves. Teaching us to steal.

But I had enough of it and finally decided to escape and found the orphanage that took care of me until I was old enough.

They fed, groomed and took me to school. Some teachers considered me gifted which accelerated me grades ahead of my peers, making some of them hate and treat me like sht.

And just like what I've been doing my entire life, I ran away.

EOFB

The car stopped.

"We're here." Nop enthusiastically said.

I can see some of his relatives waiting at the front gate, smiling. Well, except for I guess his mom.