Chapter 23

Freen's POV

I finally got to Emily's school while Becky got there before me. She's now trying to comfort Emily.

Emily is now covered with paint.

And all I could see are those 5 children with their parents with no single trace of guilt on their face.

Their children clearly did this to Emily.

..

Becky's POV

Lunch break

We went home and Freen showered Emily.

In the living room.

"Unfortunately, this could give you a bad record. Making it hard for you to get full custody of Emily, especially now that the hearing will be in 2 days. Just after they got the news, the court are now reconsidering other possible guardians by which potential opposition could use negligence against you." Atty. Morgan warned.

"W-wait, why would this count as negligence?. I mean she's clearly in the school's premises." I told him.

"Regardless of that. Your partner is a celebrity and controversies like this may affect the child's well-being. What happened this morning is just one of those unfortunate circumstances that she may have to deal with. Again, this could have a bad impact especially in Emily's mental health." He explained further.

"My niece got bullied in school because people found out that I am gay and my girlfriend is a celebrity?. That doesn't make any sense. We are clearly the victims here but why does it seem like they're punishing us?.."

"..Besides, Nop obviously did this because he went to jail, which is clearly his fault by the way. Don't you think it's just dumb for people to believe and sympathize with a pedophile?. And who on earth posted that stupid video that Nop recorded before going to jail? Tsk. It makes no sense." I swear, he's getting into my nerves.

"Well, I'll try my best to help. We'll win this case."

..

Freen's POV

While I am still trying to get the paint off Emily's body,

"Is it really true that you and Aunt Becky are gay and will go to hell?."

This breaks my heart, real hard.

"Do you believe them?." I asked as my voice is about to break.

"Mom said bad people go to hell. People who lie, people who steal, people who kill, people who hurt other people. But all you did was love her, right?. I know I'm too young for that but I know what love looks like." She sincerely said.

For a moment, I felt tears running down my face and pulled her in for a warm embrace.

"I'm sorry you went through this." I  cried.

"It's okay. There's nothing to apologize about. You don't have to be sorry for being there for me and Aunt Becky. Right, mommy?." As she wiped my tears.

She called me Mommy and that made me cry even more. But this time, with tears of joy.

9 PM

Emily is now asleep. Becky pulled me down the corridor to talk.

"Attorney Morgan promised to help us with the case but the thing is that he also suggested that maybe it's better if we end things between us before it can completely harm Emily--" Becky said.

"Don't tell me--"

"Of course I said no." She said.

I sighed in relief.

"I can't afford to lose her Freen." She said as she is about to cry.

FLASHBACK

"We decided to finally make you and Heng pretend as a couple." Madame Didi said.

"I can't do that."

"You can and you will. We don't have a choice." France demanded.

..

"People now hate you and that beloved girlfriend of yours." France said.

EOFB

No Freen, stop. You can't. There has to be some other way.

But then,

NEXT DAY

I got a call from France and rushed into the hospital. Becky had a fight with her colleagues and it had gone physical.

Her fellow nurses were taking pictures and videos of her without her consent and called her a btch, a wh*re and a gold digger. And that she doesn't deserve me, because Heng and I are supposed to be together.

France happened to see it all over social media and I can't believe people are on the offender's side.

A lot of people took more pictures and videos of us once I came to check her condition. Her nose and lips was still bleeding when I got there.

And I can't take it anymore. This is too much.

I was called for another interview that night, majority of the people in the studio are HengFreen shippers and that's probably the sign for me to do what I must do.

"..Nop probably want to get even. I mean I just revealed his atrocities and I just find it ridiculous for people to sympathize the man. For all those people, shame on you."

"Freen--" The MC Mr. Lak tried to calm me down.

"No, after I revealed his crimes, now he's telling the world that I'm a homewrecker for stealing his fiancé?. I was wrong, I know. And I'm not trying to justify my behavior but who on earth would want to marry a man who can't simply remember his fiancé's favorite color?.." I said and I can see people in the crowd started smiling.

"Who on earth would want to marry a man who constantly cheats on you with underage women when you're not looking and acts like a victim?.."

"..Who on earth would want to marry a man who hides under his mother's skirt when he's in trouble?.."

"..Who on earth would want to marry a man who can't simply treat you right?. If someone in this room does, congrats. You won the Guinness book of records title of being the most stupid person in the entire human history.."

"..So no, I didn't steal Becky. It just happened that she's way too smart to not settle for less. A message to all the men in the world, please take care of your girlfriends or wives because if you don't, I will." I said with a wink.

Mic drop

And then I finally left the stage with people screaming in delight.

Not really the original plan but the good thing is that it worked.