Chapter 1

Freen's POV

PAST

In my living room.

7:45 AM

My doll supplier Mr. Korn came to give me a gift.

"A female doll?." This completely confused me because I've been ordering exclusively male dolls from them.

"This is a token of gratitude for being one of our loyal customers Miss Freen."

"You see, I don't really touch nor--"

"We understand that those dolls are for display only Miss Freen. You already explained that the very first time you came into our shop, which means  gender or s*x shouldn't matter right?. Unless you're a misogynist, which I believe you are not. You see, this one is a limited edition, perfect as your prize, made out of hyper-realistic material. Made just for you." Mr. Korn explained. He's gay by the way.

I looked at the doll. It's everything he said to be.

"Well, fine. I'll take it." I finally said.

"Well then Becky, you're finally home." Mr. Korn said to the lifeless doll. I do that most of the time so not a big deal.

Becky Becky Becky

The limited edition doll—Becky is placed inside another vertical glass cuboid right in the middle of the room as if it's the main attraction among all those other dolls.

I also dressed her up with my own clothes before leaving the basement and finally went to work as a data analyst.

I got home at 11 PM due to heavy traffic jam.

Gosh, this day is exhausting.

Everything's doing fine while I'm taking a bath when all of a sudden I heard glass breaking downstairs. Specifically in the basement.

Like, what on truman just happened?

I quickly dried myself up and wore my robe to go check it.

I just hope there ain't a murderer in the house. I grabbed a baseball bat with me just to make sure when all of a sudden someone behind me held my shoulder and out of impulse I swung the bat and realized that I hit that person and it collapsed.

I turned on the light switch, and I was flabbergasted.

There's a lady inside my house and she's now unconscious. I panicked once I realized that her head is bleeding.

Did I just killed her?

I was about to call an ambulance when I realized that I'll probably go to jail if she happened to die.

Instead, I carried her in my bed as I tried my best to treat her wounds. I remember only hitting her head, where did she get these wounds in her arm.

But I realized another strange thing,

She looks exactly like that doll Becky that Mr. Korn gave me this morning.

I don't want to think that I'm crazy but there's just no way this sht is real.

I rushed to the basement and was even more shocked when I saw that the glass box that Becky was in is broken as if the doll just came to life and broke it.

What the heck is going on?!

I tried my best to calm myself down by that crazy thought.

It's impossible!

I went back to my room and found that the girl is finally awake and was scared the moment she saw me.

I figured, she must traumatized. I then took a step towards her when she covered herself with a pillow as if she's trying to protect herself.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt or scare you." I said in a calm manner.

"But can you please tell me who you are and what are you doing here?." I added.

She looked at me for a moment before saying,

"I am Becky. I am here because I was made for you."

"You gotta be kidding me."

She gently stood up and slowly walked towards me.

"I am yours." She seductively said.

I gulped and push her away gently.

"Uh no you're not. Look, I don't know who the fck you are, where you came from and what you're up to but this sht can't be happening. Or maybe Mommy's right. Maybe I'm going crazy." I panicked.

SILENCE

"You know what, get out."

"But--"

"Get out before I call the police." I warned her.

"Get out!." I demanded as I grabbed her other arm pulling her out of my house.

I was about to lock the gate when I saw her look at me like a poor kitten in the street.

No Freen, you can't! You don't know her!.

I ignored my guilt and went back to bed like nothing happened.

NEXT DAY

When I opened the gate,

"Aaaaagh!." I screamed.

The doll is right in front of my house the same as I left that girl last night. The bandages I place were also there.

Hyperventilating but still managed to call Mr. Korn to take this sht away from me.

He came just few minutes after the call and took the doll away and put it in his pick-up truck.

"I'm sorry but what is really going on?. Why do you want to get rid of it all of a sudden?." Mr. Korn asked.

"I know this may sound crazy but I think that doll is cursed." I frankly told him.

"I-I'm sorry, what?."

"It came to life last night. I left her right here and it's still here when I went to open the gate Mr. Korn. It came to life, it even broke the glass box it was in."

"No it didn't haha." He said as if I'm just being silly.

"Are you insinuating that I'm crazy?. Look, I'm a lot of things but I'm not a liar nor I am out of my mind!." I defended.

"O-okay, please calm your nerves down Ms. Freen. Look, this is the digital age alright?. I-I mean it's elementary to know the fact that curses ain't real and things like dolls don't come to life like that. Maybe you were just too exhausted or stressed from work that you thought you saw something that's simply not true." He explained.

"I saw what I saw." I stubbornly said.