Chapter 11

FREEN'S POV

PAST

I went home drunk that I even struggled walking up the stairs until Becky came to assist me to the bedroom and laid me down to our bed.

I pulled her in for a gentle kiss but she pulled away and said,

"Freen, you're drunk." Like an upset wife.

"It's normal, I lost my job today. Everybody in the company actually, and that's all because of me."

"W-wait, what?."

"And that is because I went to heaven with you last night, and I just happened to wake up late and missed the only opportunity to save the company. But don't worry, you have nothing to do with it. The blame is all on me. I mean you're just a doll, and I'm just 'you know' haha mad. I mean gosh, I can't believe I lost everything because of something that's not even real."

..

Becky's POV

SILENCE

I suddenly felt my heart breaking into pieces.

If only I could just tell her the truth.

I think this is the worst sin I committed so far; to make someone believe they're mad when they're actually not.

This has nothing to do with revenge of any sort, but out of a huge misunderstanding by which I tried my best to explain to them since the beginning but they simply don't listen.

Instead, they insisted to push the mission further.

I wanted to stop so bad because seeing her like this kills me inside but I can't do anything.

I'm on my way to the goal and this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Never really expected myself to fall in love with the girl, when she's supposed to be just a mission.

She later on fell asleep and I planted a soft kiss on her forehead before covering her cold body with a blanket.

..

Patricia's POV

PRESENT

NEXT DAY

I'm eating lunch with Nop at a nearby restaurant when I realized,

"By the way, where is my brother at this hour of the day?. Still struggling with jetlag?."

"Oh no, he's doing great. Actually, I set him up with Freen haha. He was begging me since day one to schedule them a date. Crazy right?. Who would've thought--" Nop said.

"E-excuse me, you did what?." With eyebrows furrowed.

"I-I mean they're both single, and you kept asking him to have a girlfriend--" Nop explained.

"But not Freen."

"What? Why not?." Confused is an understatement.

Exactly, Patricia. Why not?

Who do you think you are to decide who Freen's going to date?.

"I-I don't know, isn't that weird?. I mean my brother dating your friend?." Stupid excuse tsk.

"Nope. Why would it be weird?. I mean that's actually pretty cool. We could have a double date. What do you think?." Nop insisted.