bad ones

bad ones - Tate McRae

Wait, I can't see
Try to walk away
I keep falling for the bad ones
The always make me sad ones

~

Delilah. There was just something about the way the boy said her name that maybe she didn't completely mind when he called her by her first name. She wasn't worried about him finding out about the old Delilah that she had so desperately been trying to hide.

No matter how often they picked fun at each other, bickering and calling each other names, she felt comfortable around him. She felt like she could trust him oddly enough. She even felt safe. As if she were to lay everything out for him, he wouldn't judge her at all.

Alexis had agreed to go to the party as soon as the pink haired girl asked, and she insisted they wear matching costumes. She gave the girl a choice, pirates, or Daphne and Velma. But of course, much too revealing, little clothing for both ideas. She had a vision in her head.

"Jade, you look phenomenal. What the fuck?" Her roommate stared at her from the open doorway to her bedroom. "Michael is going to go absolutely feral over you-"

"Michael won't be there." She turned around to face Alexis as she interrupted her. "He said he had plans or something."

"So it's going to be me, you, Luke, and Ashton?" The brunette raised her eyebrows, leaning against the door frame. "And he's okay with that?"

"I mean, I know he doesn't like Ashton, but you and Luke will be there. What's the big deal?" Jade rolled her eyes. "Our teacher quite literally suggested we go to a Halloween party with our partners."

"Nothing, nothing, it's fine. I just feel like Michael is protective over you I guess?" She shrugged. "Like every time you've been to a party it's been with him, yeah?"

"Yeah, but whatever. Come on, they're probably waiting for us and with Ashton being who he is he'll probably yell at us for making him wait." The girl with pink hair looked at herself in the mirror one last time, admiring the costume she had on. The white puffy sleeved, loose fitting dress with a brown under-bust corset around her waist. Not complete without the red bandana around her head and an eyepatch she refused to actually wear over her eye besides in pictures. Not to mention the brown leather boots, gold hoops and few cheap bracelets she paired with the outfit perfectly.

She smiled contently and walked over to her roommate, then the two of them made their way out the door and across the hall. Ashton was quick to answer the door, only to find Alexis out there as Jade walked down the hallway to Luke's door, knocking quietly.

"Hey, I just need to grab one more thing and I'll-" Luke said as he was opening the door, but stopped as he laid eyes on the pink haired girl. "Wow, Jade. Send Mike any pictures of that?"

"Yes, a few." She blushed, looking to the ground. "You're... a cowboy?" Jade smiled, looking to her left to find both Ashton and Alexis staring right back at her. Then back to the boy in a tassel vest, nothing under it, and jeans with large buckle belt, then a black bandana around his neck, hanging over his chest.

"Uh yeah, just let me." He walked to his kitchen, then back as he placed a black cowboy hat on top of his head. "Ready."

"C'mon Delilah, we're going to be late." Ashton called out, holding his car keys in his hand and waiting in the hallway with her roommate.

"Call me Delilah one more time and I'll beat your ass, Ashton." the girl groaned. She took in his costume as she walked back down to his door. A white silk button up, mostly unbuttoned and showing off his entire torso like their friend, black ripped jeans, complete with a cheap, plastic, gold crown on top of his curls.