tornado warnings

Tornado Warnings - Sabrina Carpenter
-
I guess maybe that's why
I'm lying to my therapist
I keep saying things like
"I never saw him and we never kissed"

~

Jade leaned against the sink, fixing her hair and sighing quietly to herself before turning to face her boyfriend as he spoke up. "Never thought you'd want to fuck me in public, babe." He smirked.

"Just thought maybe you'd enjoy something different." She shrugged, watching him fix his hair in the mirror beside her. "So Ashton told me about Haley, that's horrible what happened."

"His ex-girlfriend?" The boy with matching hair chuckled, raising his eyebrows. "Why were you guys talking about that?"

"Just somehow landed on the subject of past relationships." Jade whispered, looking at the ground. "I really don't like the way treat him after what he's been through. It can't be easy for him seeing his old friends in relationships when-"

"What?" Michael shook his head, furrowing his brows as he picked up both their bags. "Oh god. Please don't tell me you fell for the whole dead car accident story?"

Jade stared at her boyfriend in disbelief. Was he really trying to tell her that Ash lied about his fiancé dying? Who in the hell would lie about something like that? Staring back, Michael was giving her a look the girl could only interpret as 'You're not that stupid, Jade.''

"Really Mike, why would he lie about that?" The girl sighed, feeling half defeated. What reason would either boy have to lie about something like that?

"So you pity him, and think I'm the bad guy, then leave me for him. So you sleep with him." Michael rolled his eyes, unlocking and opening the bathroom door for his girlfriend to walk out of first. "He wants you because you're mine, Jade."

"I just- it doesn't make sense. Even if he was that bad of a guy, trying to sleep with me. Which he hasn't tried, not even once, I don't think making up a lie about his fiancé dying would be the way to get me into bed." She paused as Michael stopped in the hallway and turned to look at her. Cupping her cheeks with both hands and smiling softly.

"Because he can tell you care for people who are hurting and he's using it to his advantage, love." he whispered. "Please don't believe a word he says."

Jade sighed again, her mind wandering to what other options she had besides believing her boyfriend, who she wanted to trust more than anything. "Okay, I believe you." The girl nodded, more so confirming with herself. If she really wanted to, she could confirm with the others if the story was true, though it could blow up in her face and make her seem like a terrible person for not believing him.

She wanted it to be true, not that she wanted Ashton hurting, but she didn't want him to be lying to her. For the time being, she decided she'd secretly believe Ashton, but figure out for sure eventually. She couldn't trust Michael, finding out that he's been cheating, smelling that wretched body spray and seeing new marks on his skin all the time was just the cherry on top.

The girl forced her gaze from the dark purple marks popping out below his collar up to his eyes and gave him a weak smile. "Well, either way I still need a good grade on this project." She whispered. "I'll be weary of what he tells me from now on, okay?"

"Hey." Michael whispered, linking their fingers together and walking them to his car. "Come over tonight and I'll make us dinner." He paused for a short moment. "We'll have a little date night."

"Yeah." She nodded, a small weak smile still sitting on her lips. "Yeah, I'd like that a lot, Mike." She paused. "I still have two classes today but I'll come over after them."