back to friends

Back to Friends -Lauren Spencer Smith

'Cause I'd die a thousand times
Not to have you on my mind
And I wish we never met
Or I hated you instead

~

Glitter and sparkles were everywhere. Almost every single person at the party had something flashy on, and Delilah loved admiring everyone's outfits. Delilah didn't want to do much, not wanting any attention drawn to her. So she let Alexis convince her to wear a top she had picked out, a deep red, glittery tank with a cowl neckline and open back. Alexis herself was in a baby blue dress, iridescent and pink at times. Luke even let the brunette swipe some gold glitter over his eyelids before they left the apartment.

Delilah had yet to see anyone else, stuck to her roommates side as they wandered the house, looking for the booze. Someone mentioning it was in the basement, they made their way down, Luke following behind to keep an eye on them. The group of three walked up to the table, the two girls making each other surprise drinks while Luke leaned against a nearby wall.

It wasn't long until Ashton and Calum were found, both dominating in an intense game of beer pong. Alexis was the one to approach them while the other two stayed back by a wall. The blonde wasn't sure how to act normal around Ashton, even wishing they could go back to being friends. Just friends. Whereas Calum hadn't completely forgiven Luke for dating his sister behind his back yet, even if the tall boy was ready to talk it out. He knew Calum had been drinking, and didn't want to get the shit beat out of him again.

"How long have you guys been here?" Alexis smiled, stepping beside Ashton and looking between the two boys.

After both taking their turns in the game, the older boy looked down at her. "Probably just over an hour. We haven't lost a game yet and there's no way we're going to step away when we're winning so much."

"Sounds like you guys just haven't had any good competitors." Glancing over her shoulder at her roommate, Ashton followed her gaze. If you asked him, he'd say Delilah looked breathtaking. He hasn't even heard what his best friends little sister said a moment later. "Ashton?"

"Sorry, what?" Blinking and tearing his gaze away from the blonde, he waited for her to repeat herself.

Alexis rolled her eyes, meeting her brother's best friend's gaze. "I said let Jade and I play next game against you guys."

"There's no way you beat us. She sucks at beer pong." He laughed, shaking his head. "We played at the beginning of the semester."

"C'mon, just let us play one game with you-"

"If we win you have to take responsibility for that dent in Mom's car. It's been years and she still hasn't let up on asking." Calum interrupted, raising his eyebrows at the girl.

Eyes wide and lips parted, the brunette stared at her brother. "So it was you?"

"Not if we beat you guys." He smirked, crossing his arms over his chest. "If you win though I'll talk to Luke and apologize for everything." After a small staring contest, Alexis got her roommate and dragged her back to the table.

Ashton played terribly. Distracted by the blonde on the other side of the table in her roommate's little shirt. He tried focusing on talking to Calum instead, but he couldn't help it. His mind wandered to every kiss they shared, any and every time their hands brushed against each other. How she once sat on his lap in just her underwear.

"What the fuck, Ashton?" The tanned boy mumbled, giving his friend some side eye.

A quiet sigh fell from his lips, closing his eyes and shaking his head. "Sorry, I'm distracted." He whispered, glancing across the table at the girl.