broken home

Broken Home -5 Seconds of Summer

Wrote it down on the walls, she was screaming it out
Made it clear, she's still here, are you listening now?
Just a ghost in the halls
Feeling empty, they're vacant now

~

The girl caught his smile just as the elevator doors closed him in, feeling her entire body heat, and suddenly her coat was trapping in far too much heat. She wanted to strip it off, but knew as soon as she stepped outside she'd be freezing. Delilah took her time getting out to her car, hoping Ashton would have already left. She thought about him, about that kiss, the entire drive back to her dad's house.

Upon pulling into the driveway, she took a deep breath and stared at the front door, completely missing the unfamiliar car ahead of her. The entire house was beautifully and tastefully decorated, not at her fathers doing, but he would take the credit. She checked her phone to put off walking in just a little longer, hoping to see her boyfriend's name on the screen, but wasn't necessarily disappointed to see a different boy's name in her notifications.

ASH
The roads were absolutely terrible, did you make it home safe?

DELILAH
Just pulled into the driveway, about to go face the wrath of my dad when he sees my tainted blonde hair.

DELILAH
I know you mentioned it, but did you have plans for NYE?

The mostly blonde girl tugged her hat farther onto her head before finally pushing her car door open, the cold December air making her shiver instantly. As much as she didn't want to be home, her father insisted, and he was supporting her while at school. She didn't want to seem ungrateful. With her backpack, duffle bag, and tote, she made her way to the front door and took a deep break before knocking quietly.

To her surprise, it wasn't her father that answered the door, but a girl who couldn't be much younger than Delilah herself. Taller, looking down at the blonde, the girl with shoulder length, deep brown hair smiled softly.

"You must be Delilah- wait sorry your dad said you prefer Jade now." She laughed awkwardly, shooting the girl an apologetic smile. "Uhm, sorry- I'm Katharine."

Delilah hesitantly shook the girls hand, nodding slowly. "Nice to meet you." She whispered, eyebrows furrowing slightly. "I'm sorry but who exactly are-"

"Delilah, dear. I see you met Katy." The blonde's father stepped up behind the brunette, resting a hand on her back gently. "Come on, there's one more person you need to meet before you settle in."

She followed the two into the house, closing the door behind her and leaving her bags at the bottom of the stairs, debating on taking her hat off at all. Reluctantly, slipping it from her head, she tossed it on her bags before walking to the living room... Where she found another woman sitting at her fathers side, a glass of white wine in her hand, sharing a quiet conversation with her father before their eyes met. The woman didn't hesitate to give the blonde a once over, glancing at the brunette, before looking back to the girl's father.

"Oh perfect, Sophia honey, this is my daughter, Delilah." Her father gestured at her just as his smile faded. "What in the- Your hair."

Swallowing thickly, Delilah looked at the ground, anywhere really as long as it wasn't at her father or the two other women in the room. She knew what was happening, she just didn't expect it so soon. "Yeah, uhm- I'm working on getting it out." She took a small breath. "It was a stupid idea to begin with."