according to you

According To You - Orianthi

But according to him
I'm beautiful, incredible
He can't get me out of his head
According to him

-

The blonde slowly made her way upstairs towards her apartment, pulling her small suitcase behind her, and her duffel bag over her shoulder. She was worried to see everyone. Sure, she and Ashton were fine. They talked and he knew everything that happened, he understood for the most part why she disappeared and it seemed like he had forgiven her for that. She hoped he did. But the rest of the group didn't know anything, she didn't know how they'd react to her showing back up.

But upon unlocking and pushing the door open to her apartment, no one was there. She wasn't sure why she expected everyone to be over there, waiting for her, but maybe she just thought Ashton would get them together. In no way was the girl upset, but she felt lonely. It wasn't a bad thing, it gave her a little extra time to process everything that had happened the past couple of days.

Throwing on some music, the girl took a little bit of her time thinking and unpacking the two bags she had. How was she going to get the rest of her stuff? Delilah wasn't sure she ever wanted to see Reese again after what he had said. Even if he was hurt and upset that she was leaving, he showed his true colors once again and she was reminded of how he acted when he got her kicked out of school. She had no want, nor need, to ever see him or hear his voice again. To say she was hurt by his words was an understatement.

But that didn't mean she didn't think he was right in a sort of way.

Once unpacked, she changed, looked around her empty room, and sighed, She had enough of pitying herself. She decided seeing her friends made the most sense, hopefully it'd help raise her spirits a bit. She knew she still needed to talk to her mom and pray that she'd be able to help out with school, but she didn't want to get her hopes up. For the time being, walking across the hall to knock on her friend's apartment door, she told herself her mom probably wouldn't be able to help. Better to be surprised she can than be disappointed she couldn't.

But there was no answer.

Again, Luke's door. No answer. If she hadn't felt lonely before, Delilah Carmichael felt so alone in that moment that she decided that was the time to talk to Michael. To let him have it like she did Reese. With the idea that she had no tears left to cry and she wouldn't embarrass herself, she started the trek down the stairs. But without a clue of what she wanted to say, she started worrying. She had always shut down when she wanted to confront the boy, and she was scared that'd happen again even though she felt she had nothing to lose.

DELILAH
Hey I'm back at my apartment, let me know when you're home. I'm gonna talk to Michael.

As she sent the text, she was already halfway to her ex-boyfriends, starting to wonder if she was making a mistake. Did she really need to talk to him? He treated her terribly and didn't seem to have a single ounce of regret when it came to her. But closure. She needed that damn closure and to get whatever answers she could.

Before she knew it she was at his door, thinking about how more than once she walked in on him with another girl. And as much as she knew that it didn't matter anymore, that if he was with a girl he wasn't cheating on her, she still felt that tightness in her chest as she knocked on the door.

"One second!" She heard his voice from the other side of the door, the sound of pots and pans for a moment then silence.

As the lock clicked and he pulled the door open, both were speechless. Just staring at each other in shock. Delilah instantly regretted going over to his place, not a single word falling from her lips. But Michael was more than happy to see her, surprised sure, but absolutely relieved to see she was okay. Ashton never told him that he found her, leaving Michael to sit and wonder where she was. If he caused something even worse to happen to the girl.