Chapter Twenty Eight

Hello!!

No long story, here's another chapter to vibe with.

Enjoy.

"Not that you didn't already do it, but you totally blew my mind the other day, Gaea" Cullen said, his voice a higher octave that should be expected of a guy.

Dabbing a tad bit of powder on my face, I hmmed slightly.

"I, for one, would not have believed him if he didn't have a picture" said the strange girl whom Cullen had brought into my house.

Pausing, I tilted my head, "who are you again?"

"Oh! Oh! This is my friend Gwendolyn--"

"Gwen. Just Gwen" she insisted pushing him out if my face and getting into it herself, "we share the same homeroom and I introduced myself like about an hour ago when we barged into your house which I'm guessing you didn't hear or care enough to retain but that's alright--"

"Just Gwen, chill" I said making calming motions with my hands and making a face at Cullen.

He grinned, "I know right? She adorable and sweet and my best friend"

Cupping her mouth with her hand, she said, "I'm sorry, I do that a lot but I don't know how to stop it, you're so pretty and your house is so cool in a I-might-have-a-body-in-the-basement cool kind of way and--"

".. Doing it again, darling" Cullen said I a singsong voice as he dragged her away, "in summary, she likes you, I like you, do you like us?"

I considered it, "you think it's cool that I might have a body in my basement?"

They both nodded their heads.

"Then it's cool, I don't like you, but then, I don't like anybody, it's nothing personal but I guess I can do with some company that enjoys a little dark humor" I said with a little shrug.

"What does that mean?" Cullen asked, excitement lacing his voice.

"It means.." I said turning back to face the mirror and picking off where I'd left, "let's see how long it takes until you're running from me"

They full out screamed, almost making me paint my nose red with lipstick.

"We are going to be the bestest BFF's ever" He squealed.

"Let's continue the squealing after we crash Marcy's party" Gwen said, her left hand palming her fists.

I was liking Just Gwen more and more.

Spinning to face her, I raised a well drawn brow, "do you have something against her?"

"Against Marcy? Nope. But I just don't like her" she said, with an air of nonchalance.

"How can you not like Marcy, she's pretty, smart and nice" he interjected, "let's not forget that she's bloody rich"

"Exactly, she's just too perfect, you know. Plus there was this one time that I caught her smiling weirdly at me" she refuted strongly.

"She smiles at everybody" Cullen said with an eye roll.

"Which is weird" Just Gwen said.

"And creepy" I added.

"Thank you!" She exclaimed while pointing at me, "see, she gets it. Marcy might have been smiling at me but I could see it, I could feel it, she didn't like me"

"Yes, yes, you and your legendary power to feel people's emotion" he said, again with the eye roll, "look darling, I can legit feel people's emotion, that's what my family deals with and I have never felt any sort of bad emotion from Marcy--"