Chapter Twenty Two

So, so, sorry guys. My schedule has been packed and work has kept me locked down and unavailable.

I apologize for any form of inconvenience or displeasure my irregular posting has and will cause.

Thank you for your continued love and support.

"This is weirder than usual"

And yes, I know how weird my entire statement was considering how weird my usual usually was, but there was truly no other way to describe what I was seeing in front of me.

Resting innocently on my desk was a white envelope with a letter addressed to yours truly and a stunning silver magical navigator.

The weirder than weird letter read;

'Dearest Student,

Due to your active participation in academy events and your behavioral singularities that guarantee a varying perspective from the publics, the Academy Council hereby invites you as a guest jury for an ongoing case (details will be addressed upon acceptance of this position).

If the selected is interested, then the navigator, once held, will automatically transport you to the chosen location where your fellow chosen juries, all masked as you will also be, shall be.

Academy points will be awarded as a reward and compensation for whatever inconvenience our request might cause.

We,
The Academy Council.

I whistled under my breath, a slow smile forming across my lips.

This sounded like a hassle that would definitely be more interesting than pretending to listen to something I've probably hear before in class, I thought.

My hands closed around the navigator before I could even sought out my thoughts because, well, because I'm me and.. who doesn't like a good show?

There was no nasty head spinning that was the trademark translocation which told me that there was some high level magic involved.

Lovely.

The room was well lighted and bare off everything except the glass it was made of and the Academy Council insignia pasted boldly on the four corners of the walls.

One could feel the magic oozing off it. It had been said that every student in the council had spilled blood over it, it was forever being respindled as there were no end to it's members.

Generations and generations of Academy Councils had spilled their blood on that cloth.

Pretty cool in my opinion.

There were some other people already there, three boys and two other girls who were staring at each other like they were a hair's length from dragging each other's hair out of the roots.

But then, considering that they all wore black joker masks, I could have been wrong.

Interesting.

Lovely and interesting, my o my.

I was loving my decision already.

Let's not forget the multiple invisible eyes that were staring at me from different unseen directions. Especially the two Eragon ones.

Naum and...him.

I lingered on the thought of whether he had kept the sexy beard he had last night. Having to leave him room at the crack of dawn was pretty devastating. All that handsomeness and powered in one body.