Chapter Eighteen

Hello!! 🤗

Enjoy another great chapter.

Don't forget to leave a vote and comment behind.

Thanks. 😘

NOTE: SENSITIVE AND GORY CONTENT AHEAD.

Doc was struggling.

I sighed.

I guessed her brain could only take so much before she lost it.

"Are you sure this is okay?" I asked with a drag in my tone, "I'm totally cool with doing this another time"

She let out a whoosh of breath, "can I tell you a secret?"

I cocked my head at her, "I'm mentally ill Doc, I'm pretty sure that comes with a do-not-disclose-intimate-secrets signboard"

Her hands came to muffle the laughter that leaked out her mouth.

Whence she was composed once again, she gave me a dry smile, "thanks Gaea, that was exactly what I needed"

I did not qualify myself as anything anybody needed but I remained silent.

"And no, I think I have to disagree with you there" she said, settling back into her cushy chair, "I think you're just the right person to share secrets with"

Was madness contagious?

Nodding slowly, I said, "whatever you say Doc"

Leaning across the desk conspiratorially, she said with a small smile on her face, "I think, I'm actually afraid of you"

"That's perfectly alright" I said, with all I had told her, it would be crazy if she didn't fear me.

Though I was loath to admit, sometimes I scared me too.

She laughed again but settled quickly, "so, Adolorata-"

My brows furrowed but smoothened quickly.

Not one to miss something that obvious and too damn smart for her own good, Doc picked up on it, "what's wrong, that's your name, isn't it?"

I dittered on whether or not I should mention the man whose memory I'd wiped and then decided against it.

"Well this isn't going to do, you just decided not to tell me, didn't you?" She complained.

Me face went blank, "I wasn't aware that I was so easy to read"

"Know something, Gaea" she said with a sly smile, "I think if you didn't want me to know about it, then not even the greatest insight on the nine planets would have made a difference, I think you wanted me to see your change in expression, and then ask you, and then you would refuse and.." she trailed off.

"I assume you have a point.." I said, my hands folded on my laps, "do go on"

She gave me an experated sigh as she deflated, "do you derive joy in flustering me?"

"I derive joy in flustering everybody, it's nothing personal love" I assured her, "still though, watching you ramble and then discover that you'd fallen into a well laid trap is quite satisfying"

She massaged her forehead, "So, is it a guy?"

I have her a wide smile and spread my arms wide, "you're the shrink, you tell me"

"Well, I'd say it is a guy, and not the guy you passed out for" She said.

"Well look at that, I guess that gold framed certificate ain't for show" I said, giving her a clap, "do go on, Doc, you have my attention"