Chapter Thirty One

Here's a new chapter for my readers.

I am grateful for your continuous support and reads.

Thank you so much for being here for me.

-Your Author.

Wonder.

That was probably the first emotion one would feel upon seeing my mother, followed quickly by astonishment.

It really was a wonder that there could be such a.. creature alive.

Calling mother beautiful felt.. negligent. It simply was not enough to describe such an aesthetically wondrous creature as merely beautiful.

She was light after a long, dreary night, a shower of stardust on an unassuming day, the combination of things lovely; beauty incarnate.

She was just as I remembered her, another wonder of magic, I suppose.

She sat still, clad in a fine brocade, seated on a single setter with flowery prints.

She looked like she would shatter if you even breathed too loudly.

Yes, I thought, my teeth grinding, she was exactly as I remembered, deceiving, venomous and cruel.

She would never change.

I walked leisurely towards the glass.
"She is practically harmless besides the little fits she has at times. The room allows for no magic and she was originally born a weak child so she and everyone else is safe here" I heard Elan say from one corner of my mind.

As I processed her words, I couldn't help but smile mockingly.

''I remain astonished that you continue to maintain your position as monarch, Elan " I said, "you probably have your power to thank for that. You blemish the Magus name by holding the Matriarch seat"

"I beg your pardon!''

"Really, how could the leader of the world's most powerful mind destroyers be so foolish --"

"Adolorata!"

Behind the glass, movement was made.

Mother stood up and walked in that dance like, fairy-like way that was typical to her, towards us.

She came to stand right in front of me.
Close enough that I could see the sparks of red in her gold eyes like mine.

I raised my hand and a tapped a finger on the glass. A little spark and cracks spread across the glass, three inches dense -it was practically missle proof-

"See this, magic" I whispered, "in all my life, there has only been one person capable of surpassing me in Intangible magic, and that person is this..woman standing in front of me.

"Now, if I can use magic here, why the bloody hell can't she?"

From beyond the glass, our eyes met.

Her lips, her beautiful lips, her creul lips, stretched into a smile.

The glass standing between us shattered.

______________________________________

NAUM'S POV

"Tea?" I asked as I made a cup of Earl Grey for myself.

Azeazel hummed in response, flipping the page of the book he was reading.

It was a rare free day for both of us and as much as we disliked each other, we both admitted that it was more comfortable staying together.

Our powers repelled as much as it pulled us together.