Chapter Thirty Six

Yello!!

Let's head straight to it!

Enjoy!

NAUM'S POV

"She's something, isn't she?" I whispered softly as I stroked Gaea's hair gently.

She would probably pull my arm out of its socket if she woke up to find me in her bed by two thirty eight in the morning, the thought made me smile tenderly.

"There is not a word created that can encompass Gaea's...her-ness" my brother said as he picked a book that lay on the ground and put it back on the shelf.

Slowly, he arranged the whole room, knowing exactly what went where.

Why wouldn't he?

The only person that stalked Adolorata more than myself was my brother.

"Should we just kill her, Genevieve Maine?" I thought out loud, "it seems that woman is the root of all her nightmares, I do not think I can tolerate her presence in this world when she gives my love so much pain"

Sighing softly, Azeazal stared at me for a bit before turning his gaze to the girl laying on the bed, " I too, would like to rip her heart from her chest but just like you said, she is Gaea's root. Like a plant Gaea's entire life is built from the root that is her mother. You must have noticed, she lives for her pain, her torture and her eventual death.

"I reckon that killing her mother is all she lives for, for now that is. We need to give her more and more and many things to live for before we softly detach her from that venomous root"

I shook my head. It was not that did not know or understand all that he had said. Gaea's self was strongly tied to her pain and her pain stemmed from her mother.

"I understand that" I whispered laying my head on her stomach as I wrapped my arms around her tightly, breathing in her scent, "I just fear that the Gaea we love will not exist without her mother. What if she doesn't hold on long enough to form attachments? What if she decides to off herself even without killing her mother just for the sake of it? One of her alters may even do it" my arms tightened, "this is Adolorata we're talking about here, she's unpredictability itself--"

"I told you not to call me by that name"

Those words were clear and sleep free. Next thing I knew, my back was hitting the ceiling, crashing into the chandelier.

I landed with style on my feet.
Feeling glad that I'd pulled off my multimillion coat before hand, I peeled off the storm shirt and I perused her wardrobe, slipping on one of her baggy hoddie.

It smelt like her.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked coming back to her bed.

Azeazal was already there and for a moment, our magic sparked, sizzled and, surprisingly, calmed.

"Does it hurt anywhere?" my brother asked, fixing her messed up bed hair.

It was a strange thing to watch.

Her hands were gripping the sheet as if to drag herself away even as she leaned into him.

"No, it doesn't" she replied softly.

I laughed, I couldn't help it.

Gaea Adolorata Maine, ripper of arms, destroyer of men, being soft.

I should keep an eye out for tomorrow's dawn, perhaps the sun would rise from the west tomorrow, I thought with an inner smirk.