Chapter III - "Careless whisper"

Carlos and his teammate were still doing their interview. While I was waiting for them, I decided to refresh my make up a bit. I put some lip balsam and powder on my chicks, so that I will be sure their redness would not be so visible.

When I heard that the interview came to an end, I immediately put my things back in my purse and closed it. I fixed my hair and sight just to get more confident. I did not know why my hands were still shaking and my heart rate did not want to calm. I was so nervous that even a cold sweat came out on my back.

And then they turned to me. As I saw the young man next to Sainz, my jaw dropped. In my head started to play the George Michael's song "Careless whisper" and my heart turned upside down. This gorgeous man, dressed in a red race suit, with well-trained body and rose beige skin immediately caught my attention. I did not know why I felt so attracted to him, but his appearance left an imprint in my mind.

Both drivers came closer. Now I had the chance to see the man much better. He had a sharp jawline, clean shaven beard, plump rose lips, and deep green-blue eyes. They were so full of happiness, hope, lust for life.

- Lissa, let me introduce you my teammate, Charles Leclerc – said Carlos enthusiastically.

- Lissa Bernardi – I extended my hand to the young man. – Nice to meet you, Lord Perceval!

I felt so stupid calling him by the nickname Carlos has used but it was too late to take my words backwards.

- The pleasure is all mine! – he took my hand and kissed the back of my palm.

When his lips touched my skin, I immediately felt shivers all over my body. My heat skipped a beat when he raised his head and smiled widely revealing pure white teeth, and two cute little dimples on both of his cheeks. Oh, those dimples!

For a second, we both lost in our eyes. He was staring at me raptly, like no one did ever before. I could not take my eyes of his face. Divinely beautiful or devilishly handsome I could not tell, but we both were looking at each other without moving, speaking, or even breathing.

- Guys, is everything alright? – I heard Carlos' voice and that brought me back to the reality.

- Yeah... So, what is the occasion of your visit miss Bernardi? – asked in a sudden Charles.

They both were speaking with me in Italian, which made me feel special, also gave me the opportunity to communicate with them more easily.

- Business... – I replied flatly.

- By the way, your phone rings, Lissa – Carlos broke into the conversation.

I was so stunned of Leclerc's appearance that I have not heard my phone ringing. I realized that when the vibration of couple of messages shook my purse.

- Just a second, please! – I said and opened it, while my collocutors looked puzzled at each other.

I saw the message from my mum, who was asking me about the interview. I replied fast that we will see us at Bologna in an hour, then went back to the boys.

- Sorry about that guys, but I should go now – I said sadly.

- But you haven't told us why are you... - tried to say Charles.

- Sorry I really need to go now – I interrupted him. – We will see us again in Bahrain.

- Will you be there? – Leclerc's voice sounded like he was hoping for my positive answer.

- Of course, Lord Perceval! – I winked and waved for goodbye. – Bye, Carlos!

I turned my back on my new acquaintances and ran to the exit of the garage.