Chapter XXXIII - One more day

After the Sunday's race, I was feeling pretty discouraged even though I was trying to stay positive in front of the guys, like Andrea advised me. But the fact that I promised Charles to finally have our dinner made him smile on the way back to the hotel. One thing that was in my mind right now, were the thoughts how the "event" will go on and... how to hide it from Vasseur. I still didn't have a plan how to proceed but I should be faster in thinking because didn't have much time left.

The next morning, the alarm on the phone was the reason of my early waking up. My whole body ached from fatigue, I just wanted a little more sleep... But I had to catch a flight and get back to Italy to start working again. Our eyes were already on Imola and we had a week to prepare for this race. Next came 3 European races in a row, home for each of us. And just the thought of those three weeks in a row made me tingle. As the season progressed, each weekend became more and more important, and Vasseur made things even more complicated with his orders to me. And among all these worries I had to arrange a date with Leclerc. Probably he would like to choose the restaurant when we got back in Italy, he would insist to come and pick me up from my home... But it was going to be much easier if just one day after work we went to my place and had some homemade pasta.

I got out of bed and immediately after my beauty routine, I started packing my bags. I was running around the bedroom wondering how to put everything in the cases again, as I had taken my clothes out of the suitcases for the first time - Big mistake! Suddenly there was a knock on my door and I heard the access card being marked. I had put up a sign "Do not disturb!" on the lock so it shouldn't be the maid.

And when I turned around Charles appeared on my doorframe wearing a black linen suit and a white Armani  T-shirt. He leaned on the frame and crossed his hands in front of his chest, as result my heart immediately quickened its rhythm.

Leclerc looked at me from head to toe and smiled smugly. I took a quick glance at the mirror above the dressing table and realized I was still in my nightwear - a red satin tank top and shorts with black lace around the edges.

- Are you going to leave dressed like this? – he asked in a husky voice.

Lately I was hearing him talking like that more often and noticed that change in him. It was strange but so seductive, and shivers were running down my spine every time this sound reached my ears.

- Charles, don't be ridiculous! - I said and crossed my arms in front of my chest. - Of course I'll change my clothes...

- You can stay like that, I wouldn't mind it - he replied and came closer, sitting on my bed as if it was his own. – We still have one more day here after all.

- I thought we are leaving today – I frowned in confusion.

- Well, if you don't remember, I have some duties in New York – Leclerc smiled, and his eyes started following my moving through the room. – So, we still leave, not for Italy but for New York.

- YOU have duties in New York, Charlie, and I have duties in ITALY – I said slurring my first and last word, while arranging my luggage.

I could feel Monegasque's eyes on me, every moment I leaned in or had my back to him. I thought he would stand up any moment and start to have goosebumps.

- Well, let's say you got a lot of work done in two weekends and you can afford some rest – he said behind my back and I turned to look at him in disbelief.

- Charles, you are such a weird person! – I exclaimed. – Yesterday you were in a minor mood during the interviews, don't you think that I didn't watch and hear your words, after that in the car you were constantly smiling, now you look even happier. What is going on inside your head?