Chapter VIII - "Do you promise...?"

05.Mar – First race of the season – Bahrain GP

Finally. The most long – awaited moment has arrived. The Grand Prix at Bahrain. And I was there, going to watch it live, feel the atmosphere and... take part of it. Oh, God! The wait was worth it. People from all around the world were coming here today to support their favorite team, driver or even team principle. All tickets for the race day were sold out and the seats were being occupied from early morning.

The team stayed till the late night on a meeting to discuss today's plan, but Charles and Carlos did not attend, because they had to be fresh for today. The team principles told the whole team to be at work at nine, because today Scuderia Ferrari was hosting the very important guests which names were going to be revealed right before their coming. How mysterious was that?!

Now I was there, at the paddock, walking down and looking around with a smile on my face. The sun was shining, people around too and some strange tense was filling the air. I was so excited that my heart was going to explode. I was alone again and maybe the first person from our team, who was at work. With a little amount of sleep and heart filled with impatience I wasn't late for a first time ever. I thought that was a good season beginning.

But not only the excitement from the first race of the season was the reason for my wide smile. I was feeling the contract pretty closer to me and I couldn't wait the race to end, to go to Vasseur's office and finally sign the stupid document. I shouldn't forget to thank my aunt that she guessed whatever it was in the coffee.

I walked to the Ferrari motorhome and run across someone who I wasn't expecting at all. Charles and Carlos were already there in their red branded Ferrari shirts and tight jeans, showing their well – shaped bodies. I heard the George Michael's song once again in my head, but I hastened to erase it from my mind and stepped forward to my teammates.

The boys were peacefully drinking coffee, when my heels clacked on the ground and caught their attention. They turned to me and jumped out of joy when they saw me.

- Cinderella! – both shouted in one time.

I chuckled and opened my arms for a hug. We had spent a couple of days together, but I was already feeling like I know them for years. They were also so kind to me and supportive as well, so I could at least give them a little hug for a greeting. Charles came to me first, gently pushing Carlos from his way.

- I can't believe you are here! – Leclerc exclaimed when he released me from his grip.

- Yes, you are almost always late – added Carlos who finally had the opportunity to hug me.

- Well, don't jump into conclusions, you know me only for one week – I laughed and moved away. – And today I have a special occasion to be here earlier.

- Really? – Charles faked a surprise. – And what is it? A good plan to fire up our rivals' garage?

- No... But I am starting to worry about you – I looked at him suspiciously. – How could you even say that?!

- Nevermind, Lissa, it is from the coffee – Sainz waved casually with hand. – He becomes more expansive after one sip.

- Well, I need this magical coffee too so... - I smiled softly. – Could you please show me where I can get one?

- Of course! Follow us! – they said at the same time, then looked at each other and laughed loud.

- Mamma mia! – I exclaimed. – You are like twins!

"Or minions..." – I thought and followed my mates.

#

A few hours later I was at the conference room with the whole team. Mekies and Vasseur were conducting a briefing on how to behave in front of the special guests at the race today. They were the Prince and Princess of Bahrain. I was excited to meet them, but given to the instructions no one had the right to speak with the royalties at his own discretion... And another stupid rules that I was not going to follow because I didn't even listen to them. I was mechanically repeating the words from the instructions, sitting in the bottom of the room, near the windows. While I was watching through them, I felt someone gentle touching my back. I could feel the well-known smell of bergamot and mint. I already knew who it was.