Chapter XII - Two blond strangers

17 Mar. – First and Second free practice at Jeddah

I haven't got any sleep the whole night. I was thinking about how I just kissed Charles on the cheek. So brave, but wrong. I am a lady, what am I doing? My mum haven't taught me that way. Of course, we were just friends, well nobody has said out loud that we were in the friendzone, but it was implied. I mean, especially after both drivers spent a whole evening at my home and the fact that now we had our numbers, social networks, they even knew my address, despite I still didn't knew theirs. What I have done was a little kiss between friends, to express my gratitude for the wonderful evening I had.

Or... Am I catching feelings?! Better not, because we only knew each other for a couple of weeks and above all we are colleagues. It's not appropriate to mix the work with the private life. But these pure green eyes, that smile and sweet dimples. An angel face with a soft skin, even thought he had a light stubble beard. How to resist on this handsome temptation?!

From one side with his attitude to me, he was giving me a sign that he searches for my company, and I could think that he has some light intentions for me. But on the other side if I wasn't reading his signs right and all of this was some kind of delusion. What was he thinking about me now? That I am an easy girl, with low moral values, for which a several winks and good words were enough to jump in his bed?! No, I am definitely the opposite of this! But he was the first person to whom I was so attracted since the first sight and that was scaring me. I was afraid if my reckless behavior last night was going to made him to give up on me. If he stops communication with me, I was going to be the loneliest person at the world! Better to leave the team if that happens, because if I lose Charles, then I am going to lose Carlos, then the domino effect will affect on the whole paddock and... I wouldn't be able to resist that shame.

With the sunrise I got up from my bed and started preparing myself for today. I dressed up the Red uniform, because it was obligatory for this day, then got my hair on a messy bun and tried to hide the black rounds under my eyes with powder. But any make up on the world couldn't help me to cover the anxiety I had. Why I am so stupid to do things like that. Breaking his personal space was more than a reason for him to start ignoring me for his whole life.

I took my purse and the red Ferrari jacket, which Charles gave me on the previous race and left my room. I was walking down the corridor, holding the jacket near my chests. Even though I washed this clothing during my week at home, it still had the specific odor of Leclerc. The bergamot and bitter oranges were deep in its fibers, making me dizzy every time I smell them.

Suddenly I heard someone shouting from the back. I didn't stop to see who the person is, because I was too busy looking at the ground, playing different fatalistic scenarios in my head.

Then I felt a strong grip grabbing my wrist and pulling me back. When I looked up, I saw a big colon on a millimeter from my face.

- Girl, what are you doing?! – a man asked, and I turned to him. – You were about to smash yourself in this!

Great! It was Charles' friend – Pierre. Was this a f*cking  joke of the fate?!

- Lissa... You don't look well! – he noticed looking me over head to toe.

- Thank you, Pierre! You too! – I said sarcastic.

- Really?! – Gasly was in a real shock. – Come on! I was doing my hair thirty minutes! Is it the beard, or my clothes... Yeah, definitely my trousers...

- Pierre, please stop talking about your appearance, you look perfect! – I said annoyed. – Oh, God! Why are you such a narcissist?!

- Oh, thank you! – he sighed in relief. – But what has happened to you?