Chapter XLI - Crossing the line

I have no idea how long I ran through the streets of Monaco, but it was getting dark when I arrived at my friends' hotel. Without hesitation, I ran to their floor and knocked on their door. Several times. Insistently.

They were slow to open, but when did it I saw Kika wrapping herself in a bathrobe with the hotel logo on it. I didn't even wait for an invitation, just walked in and started talking fast, gesturing wildly.

- Raga, I need help! You have no idea what I've been through on this team. This might be the most terrifying week ever... OH MIO DIO PIERRE! COSA CI FAI QUI, PER L'AMOR DI DIO?!

I screamed and closed my eyes, when saw Pierre in a split second completely naked on the sofa, covering his dignity with a huge decorative pillow. Only I could have something like this happen to me.

- What the hell are you doing here?! - he shouted.

- I came to tell you what happened to me! - I explained and turned my back.

- Girl, don't you have a personal life? - Gasly asked indignantly.

- It is exactly the reason that I come to you! - I answered almost shouting.

- Enough, enough! - Kika intervened and I saw how she picked up a blanket from the floor and threw it towards the sofa.

I took a good look at her. Her skin was covered in small beads of sweat, her hair was disheveled, and there was a bruise on her neck.

- Wait, are you guys having... - I asked and rubbed my index fingers together, and the girl shrugged her shoulders. – Padre mio! But why didn't you tell me! How could I know that I will interrupt the make-up sex session?!

- What is she talking about? - asked Pierre, I turned to him, hoping that he had already covered his charms. - You could have called before...

- It doesn't matter - his girlfriend waved her hand and laughed nervously. - What's up Lissa?

I sighed heavily and looked around for a place to sit, but everywhere seemed "cursed".

- You know... - I laughed. - I'll drop by later...

- After the party? - asked Pierre with hope in his tone. - I suggest we meet tomorrow, you will have more material after the night with Charlie.

He laughed and his girlfriend poked him in the ribs to stop him.

- I gave up on going - I shook my head. - I don't want to see Carlos again... or at least not tonight.

- No giving up! - Gomez exclaimed and approached me, grabbing my hand. - You go take a shower and then tell me what happened with Carlos that you don't want to see him while Pierre finds you a dress for the party.

- But baby, why me? - protested the Frenchman.

- Because you're Charles' best friend, and her luggage is at Charles's - Kika explained, leading me to their room.

- Why doesn't she just go home to Charles? - he shouted after us, and the girl slammed the door behind us. - Love, I have to get dressed!

Kika gave me a playful smile then winked and sent me to their bathroom to take a shower.

#

The girl took care of my look again - she curled my hair, put on make-up like for a movie premiere and selected a magenta dress from my luggage, with a brocade, deep V-neckline, a thin gold belt around the waist and a pleated skirt. I put some perfume and my black heels on and was all set for the party I didn't want to go to anyway. Pierre and Kika said they would come later, so they called me a taxi. I couldn't figure out why I didn't wait for them and they insisted I go alone or they didn't call Charles as my phone battery was dead AGAIN and I couldn't get through to him. But when Gasly was sending me off in front of the hotel he looked very concerned. I asked him what happened, but he only claimed to be tired. I knew he was lying, but I couldn't get any information out of him. But I suspected that there was something wrong when he hugged me and said "Take care, little sister!". I got in the car and he waved me off with tears in his big blue eyes.