Chapter XLIX - The driver's room

17.JUN – Qualifying day

The sun rose over Montreal. It was Saturday. I woke up in Carlos' arms while he was still sleeping. However, fatigue had taken over and I had about 3 hours of sleep. Somehow I managed to free myself from his grip and turned my back on him, looking out the window. For the second time, we were approaching more intimate relations, but somehow I managed to hold the front. I was unlikely to have that opportunity for long, but I was worried about Charles. He probably already knew where things had gone between me and Carlos and was now desperately vying for my attention. I was afraid that they would start fighting over me and this could become more and more brutal as time went on, and seeing Carlos's displays of jealousy, I could expect anything from him as well. I was worried about Charles' health. He hasn't looked good in recent days... and while Sainz brought vitality and energy out of his body, Leclerc looked haggard, lost his luster. I felt between a rock and a hard place. As much as I liked him with Carlos, I always felt like I was betraying Charles.

Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted when I felt the Spaniard's hand slide gently down my thigh, carefully following the curves of my body until his fingers wrapped around my neck, trailing up to my chin. A second later he gently turned my face towards him and smiled widely.

- Good morning, Muñeca! - he whispered and kissed my lips.

- Good morning...Carlos! - I greeted him embarrassedly after we broke away from our kiss.

- What a nice day for Quali, huh? - Sainz said and got up from the bed. - Are you ready to make a splash?

- You really have a wild imagination - I told him, stretching. - From now on, I warn you not to hover in the clouds.

- Why? - he asked and laughed. - Being in the clouds is nice.

- It's the most painful thing to fall from a height, Carlos - I said and got up from the bed, then cracked my neck.

- You really need a massage - Carlos noticed, moving closer to me. - And I think we have enough time for one.

I looked at him in bewilderment. The Spaniard ran a finger along my cheek, then slowly moved his hand down my neck, reaching out my nape, making me shiver. He gently massaged the stiff muscles and I couldn't help but moan softly. I saw him smile. His eyes were full of lust, it was obvious that he was enjoying his momentary dominance over me. Sainz licked his lips lightly and with one jerky movement managed to turn my back to him. His hand moved under my chin, completely blocking my ability to move, and the next moment I felt his lips brush against my skin. My neck massage turned into something much more serious and intimate. Carlos left wet kisses on every inch of my skin, making me shiver. It was hard for me to relax, but at the same time I didn't want to stop him so I wouldn't push him away. I don't think now was the right time for this, but I let him do it anyway.

The bracelet on my hand flashed and suddenly someone knocked on the door. It turned out to be Rupert, who was already ready for the day and was coming to take Carlos. I breathed a sigh of relief when Sainz went to open as I was saved from crossing the line of respectability too quickly with Carlos... But only for now.

The distribution in the trip to the track was interesting. Carlos with Caco and me in the car behind them with Rupert. I didn't really mind, that way there was less chance of rumors spreading quickly about us. It was all pretty messed up, like we were hiding some public secret - most people in the paddock knew, probably few fans guessed, but we were cautious, and God only knew what would come of it.

We arrived at the car park at the track, shortly after us in front of the paddock in the grass park and Leclerc. Of course, after hearing Caco's comment that our teammate was here, I immediately turned to see him and we both locked eyes. He was so sexy in the traditional red clothes and the way he dominantly slammed the car door behind her made me shiver. Charles looked at me intently, making me look away. I turned to Carlos who was wearing his uniform short sleeve T-shirt and red straight pants. It was interesting that Charles and I both had our jackets on. Obviously the temperature of 15 degrees was not optimal for either of us, while it was not a problem for Carlos. I asked our group to walk faster under the pretense that we were behind schedule and led everyone to the entrance of the track. We made it through the steps and the pier successfully, but at the turnstiles we finally caught up with Charles. And the show would begin.