Chapter LV - Making it up...

Before the Silverstone race, we returned to Modena to prepare for the up coming week. These were perhaps one of the most pleasant days Carlos and I spent together.

#

The week of the British Grand Prix has arrived. Carlos and I trained quite hard on Tuesday morning and got on the plane to England at noon. After the workout, we were both so tired and couldn't stay awake for long. We fell asleep inside each other arms, and when we woke up were already flying over English soil. Carlos quickly pulled out his phone and took a picture of the view, then a picture of me too, holding me close to him, and then set it as wallpaper on his phone screen. How sweet! 

#

In the afternoon we went to London for golf game. Naturally, it was raining, and I felt quite uncomfortable about this fact, since I was used to the warm and sunny weather in my country, but with Carlos, the feeling of being wet with the incessant rain disappeared. Sainz knew my limited experience with golf, so he wanted to teach me a little bit more, but imagining the rain soaking me all the time, I somehow preferred to stay on the terrace of the golf club, with a cup of hot coffee, wrapped in a blanket, and watch my beautiful friend cuts the air with his stick. He had a strange authority in his bearing, an exciting aggressiveness in his movements and an enviable confidence, and every stroke of his golf ball reminded me of his work in bed, and something unholy swirled in my head. I couldn't figure myself out, I've never been like that before, I can put everyone in my little pocket, aggressively defensive, easily outbursts, even prone to fights, but for relationships and... other things, mostly a counselor than main actor. But he provoked me, Carlos himself provoked me with his appearance, his behavior.

#

In the evening I was sitting in bed scrolling through my phone while Carlos was taking a shower and Arthur had sent me a video message:

 "Hey Lissie! I know how much you love piano music, so here's something from me for you... Let me share it with the world, but know it's from your beloved brother by soul. <3" I played his music and really cried over it. He and Charles were talented at touching people's souls, especially mine. And as if hearing the piano music, Sainz quickly came out of the bathroom. But I was able to stop the record and hide from him what I received as a message. It was crazy, but I was doing it - I knew Carlos was jealous, and I didn't want him to get into a full Latino mood. The Spaniard came up to me and kissed me like he always did, then glanced at my phone, which had been set aside. And to keep him from starting the questions I was sure he was going to ask, I instantly pulled him close and had his full attention with... Well, I think you can guess what Carlos and I did most of the time.

#

 Wednesday was, as usual, a day free from activities in the paddock, but Carlos was invited to some sort of Ferrari event. The Spaniard wanted me to go with him, but this time I refused. The weather was sunny and pleasant, atypical for London, and I couldn't miss it. I wanted to walk around and explore the city where every corner screamed royalty. Also, Kika offered me lunch with Carmen. Women's day. How long have I been waiting for this. 

 So we both left the room - he dressed in his red uniform and me in a baggy black shirt and jeans ripped at the knees. I hadn't dressed so sloppily in a long time, even Sainz allowed himself to give me a slight criticism, but presented with his typical playfulness - "I would have ripped off these jeans if we had more time"

 Well, that might not have been the most romantic thing I've ever been told, but spoken by Carlos, accompanied by a passionate kiss, it became something very turning on.