Chapter XXVIII - Viva la vida

30. Apr – Azerbaijan Grand Prix

I was pretty nervous while walking down the corridors of the Ferrari hospitality. Charles had a few media commitments before going back to his driver's room, and I had to wait for him. And this waiting was killing me. For the first time I was feeling this way. I was trying to pretend it is going to be a normal conversation between us two, but couldn't we make it not at his room, but at the paddock, at the hotel, at the restaurant... Why so... Private?

At the right time I reached the door of the driver's room. I looked around myself to be sure there was nobody who will see me entering there. After that I knocked and exhaled heavily.

Charles opened at the same second with a huge smile on his face. He showed his head to look around, then took my hand and pulled me inside the room. His behavior was weird. And when the door slammed behind me, my heart skipped a beat. I turned around to see Leclerc coming closer to me.

- You came? – he said, raising his eyebrows questioningly.

- You wanted me – I replied slyly, locking my eyes with his.

- I did – the Monegasque smirked.

- Why? – I raised my eyebrows.

Inside I was dying of worry, I could hardly breathe, and my heart was beating so fast that it could explode soon. I tried to cover this up with a mask of self-confidence without breaking the intense eye contact for even a second.

- To thank you privately for your support – he ran his eyes down my body. – The weekend went well so far, because of you.

- I am just doing my job – I shrugged shoulders.

- Well, many people do their job here – Charles noticed, starting to play with a strand of my hair. – But the results haven't been as good as now.

I shivered. He was still in his race suit around his waist, and the red fireproof clung tightly to his body, accentuating the tightening of every muscle as he moved. Unholy things started running through my mind.

- I just know what to do – I replied in a trembling voice. I started losing control over myself.

Leclerc chuckled and stepped even closer to me, shortening the distance between us more.

- You deserve something for that – he whispered.

- A prize – I smirked. – Like a good dog.

- I don't think you are a good dog – he said in a croaky voice, tilting his head. – But like where you are going...

The Monegasque lifted my chin up with two fingers and gave me a sly grin. We were on millimeters from each other and the tension between us was growing with each passing second. The artery on his neck was pulsing fast. The butterflies in my stomach started to fly and my legs became weaker. I was staring into Charles green-blue eyes, deep drowning in them and couldn't move. They were so hypnotizing. He was hypnotizing. His odor, voice, appearance... Everything...

And I managed to step back, breaking this very intimate moment. Leclerc was surprised and froze in his place, while I approached the bench next to us and sat on it.

- What will be my prize, Leclerc! – I couldn't help but provoke him again.

He turned to me with a little smirk. I leaned my back against the backrest and stared defiantly at him.

- What about a fancy dinner with aperitive? – Leclerc stepped confidently to me.

- Dinner? – I faked a surprise and laughed.