Chapter XXVII - Bella Storia

29.Apr – Sprint Shootout and Sprint race

The whole team was happy from the first pole for the season. It was ridiculous that the first good results weren't achieved until the fourth race weekend, but the reality was like that and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't change it.

On Friday evening the Scuderia had a double occasion for celebration, so we organized a little party at a restaurant close to the Shirvanshahs' palace and celebrated both Mekies' birthday and a successful day at the track.

After we got back from the circuit, I took a quick shower and started getting ready for the official dinner. I couldn't refuse Charles to travel with him and his brothers. They were just too pushy and used the moment to force me to accept their offer when I had overdosed on fluids like coffee and water and needed to get to the hotel apartment as quickly as possible. The Leclerc brothers were definitely good at timing and when they wanted something, they knew how to get it. Tricksters!

And here I am now, in front of the huge mirror in my spacious luxury bedroom, dressed in the official black Scuderia Ferrari uniform and white shirt, wearing 4-inch black heels, finishing the last few curls of my hair. I decided to let it fall freely, without unnecessary accessories or complicated hairstyles. When I was done with my hair, I quickly put on my usual makeup - mascara, eyeliner, but this time I also added golden eyeshadow to accentuate my eye color and a long-wear matte rose ash lipstick. I also put on some powder to cover up my cheeks and nose, which were red from the day under the hot sun, then spritzed on some of my perfume. Finally, was all set. I let the coral horn necklace hang around my neck because whenever I looked at it, I liked to remember how Charles had kissed it today. This memory made the butterflies in my stomach flutter, keeping the smile on my face. I even kissed the necklace at the end of my preparation now.

When I was sure that everything about me was in place, that I looked good enough to be in front of people, I took my purse and left the room. The three brothers were already waiting for me in the huge, shiny lobby of the hotel, and the moment I stepped out of the elevator, the sound of my heels hitting the marble floor caught their attention.

The first to turn was Charles, who fixed his gaze on me and froze as if he was seeing a ghost. Did I look that bad?! After him, Arthur and Lorenzo turned around and gasped in unison. This reaction embarrassed me, and I quickly looked down. Thank Goodness I had put the powder on, or my cheeks would have turned scarlet from the shame I felt. I approached and gave them a gentle smile.

- Everything alright, guys? – I asked worried.

- Not sure, anymore... - mumbled Charles and swallowed hard.

We both stared at each other, and I froze, unable to move or speak. Charles was also in his uniform looking stunning as always. The white shirt was slightly unbuttoned, revealing some of the bristling skin on his chest. I locked my eyes with his and shivers ran down my spine. He was gorgeous and made my legs tingle.

At this moment I heard a camera click and looked next to me. Arthur had pulled his phone out taking a picture of us. Charles snapped out of his trans and punched his brother in the stomach.

- What?! – the blondie exclaimed. – Je devais le faire... Elle est juste...

- Tu ferais mieux de te taire, Arthur! – whispered Lorenzo.

It was so cute, when they were speaking in French between them, using it as a "code" language. But they didn't know I understood some words, and this makes their conversations not so secret as they thought. Artur was just about to compliment me, but Lorenzo told him to shut up. Why?