Chapter XLV - Dangerous woman

03.Jun – Qualifying day

Saturday. After race day, this was perhaps the most important of all during the race weekend. When I woke up, I felt a weight in my chest, as if a stone was on the top of them. Realizing the importance of Qualifying today, for both Carlos and Charles, after we tested the new components on our cars yesterday and the results were unsatisfactory, now something had to compensate for the inadequacy in the build of the cars. That was the strategy. I always had one built up, I knew as soon as I opened my eyes how the day was going to go, but now it was different. The only sensible move I could think of so that the responsibility fell entirely on the driver was to separate them. They didn't have to be on the track at the same time, or at least not in such close proximity, because there was always someone (in most cases Carlos) slowing down his teammate and then problems happened.

Satisfied that I had found a compromise, difficult as it was to execute, I got out of bed and directly put on Carlos's merch uniform. Put on some light makeup, pulled my hair into a fishbone braid and put all my traditional jewelry on. I walked out of my room and looked over to Carlos' one - the door was still closed. Interestingly, I woke up before him - it's unbelievable. Went to the kitchen and hastily prepared an espresso, since I could not find the necessary components for my favorite cappuccino. When my coffee was ready, I decided it would be a good idea to go out on the terrace and stay there for a while, alone with the sea.

I leaned against the metal railing, cup of coffee in my hands, and gazed out at the endless expanse of sea. If I could define the concept of beauty, I would point out exactly what my eyes saw. A wide space occupied by water colored in various shades of blue, small boats, medium-sized yachts, larger ships and in the distance huge tankers floating in it, a large beach with golden sands, blue cloudless sky, sun caressing with its rays and all it touch is desolation. This sight brought peace to my mind and soul, soothed me, gave me pleasure, and made me forget about everything.

Something flashed and caught my attention. It was the ruby ​​bracelet on my hand. I sipped my coffee and stared at it, then played with it. There was something here - I felt like the events with Chess were repeating themselves and I was experiencing his pain of impossible love. But those eyes, I saw them often, I knew them, they were so similar that I was already starting to think that the problem was in my head, and I was... crazy.

The bracelet flashed again, and I felt a light touch on my back, and within seconds, Carlos' huge hands were on either side of me, gripping the railing tightly.

- Good morning, guapa! - he greeted me, whispering in my ear. Shivers ran through my spine.

I gave him a quick glance over my shoulder as his massive body greatly limited the movements I could perform.

- Good morning... Carlos! - I answered half-heartedly.

He took a step to the side and lifted my chin with his finger to ensure eye contact between us.

- Is everything okay? - Sainz asked. - Didn't you sleep well?

- Oh, no, no, I'm fine - I laughed and pulled back, putting distance between us.

I couldn't help myself and looked down at his body, biting my lips. He was naked to the waist, and every muscle in his body was well sculpted, as if shaped by a chisel. His body of a Roman deity made me gasp in my mind every time, and sometimes I couldn't hold back and let my admiration flow outside the confines of my brain. But this complexion, lush black hair, domineering, sometimes confused look, combined with a charming smile and well-kept shape began to impress me more and more. And I found myself unable to stop staring at him.