Chapter LVI - A meeting with Chess

Thursday morning came. We were back in the paddock, ready for a new day full of positive emotions. After the hot night I had spent with Carlos, something inside me seemed to have changed. I felt more confident, there was no doubt in my mind that he was not in love with me. I don't know how long it took me, but this very morning, when I woke up in bed next to him, watching him go about his morning routine, putting on his divine body-hugging black T-shirt... I realized I was in love with him . I let my guard down completely, but I didn't want to admit it to anyone, not even to myself, because I didn't want to get hurt. I didn't even know what would come of our relationship, just because we had to be more private. But I had decided to live for the moment and enjoy what I have now. That way I would be truly happy.

Part of a new movie dedicated to our sport was to be filmed at the track this weekend, featuring many celebrities, and Brad Pitt box was next to Ferrari. I was standing outside our garages, my huge laptop in my hands, trying to read the analysis from the diagnostics I had plugged into Charles' car computer. I had to make sure everything was fine for tomorrow's Free Practice. The inspection on Carlos' car had already passed successfully and I had a little time left before I started my favorite lap of the track, as always with the bike.

 The sun was shining directly into my laptop screen and it was hard to make out what I was seeing, so I unconsciously stepped back in search of a more shady spot without looking around. I was so engrossed in work that I couldn't even hear the conversations in the crowded pit lane.

 I suddenly bumped into someone's body, my heart skipping a beat as the laptop nearly fell out of my hands. Thanks to my quick reaction, I managed to hold him back, but the level of aggression in my blood rose instantly. Thinking it was one of my "favorite" colleagues, I mechanically turned around saying:

- You fool, don't you look where... Mio Dio!

I stepped backward and immediately blushed all over with embarrassment. Opposite me was standing the real, flesh and blood, Hollywood star Brad Pitt.

 - What courage! - he noticed and looked at me. - Ferrari, huh? An engineer?

- Strategist - I replied with a timid smile. - But after calling Achilles a fool, maybe I'll retrain as a toilet cleaner.

 The actor laughed out loud, and I looked around, realizing that we were gathering everyone's eyes.

 - And what is such a pretty girl doing in the garage instead of participating in some blockbuster? - he asked me, putting his hands on his waist.

- I focused on the general and fundamental patterns that determine the structure and evolution of the material world, instead of acting - I giggled.

- A beautiful mind - remarked the man, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. - You know, I think you are quite suitable for one of the roles in my film. Why don't you come for a quick chat in the garage?

- I think her boyfriend won't allow it - I heard Charles' voice behind me, and we both turned to him.

 He came closer to us and consciously or not, he put his hand on my waist.

- My boyfriend can't control my life choices, Charles! - I said through gritted teeth, and Leclerc grinned and lifted his sunglasses slightly.

 - I'm glad to see you too, darling! - he winked.

 - Wow, fiery girl! - remarked Brad. - A real Italian woman!

 - Yes, if only you see how she slaps people who dare to make her angry  - laughed the Monegasque.

- You'll get one big slap if you keep up your brazen behavior... - I gritted out.

 - Hey, hey, let's calm down! - suggested Brad. - We can ask the boyfriend in question to participate as well, so that we don't cause problems for the young lady.