Chapter XXXVIII - Runaway

26. May – FP1 and FP2

I didn't know where to go since all the hotels were full because of the upcoming weekend. It was almost midnight, I didn't know anyone in this town except the Leclerc family and Max, who I also knew lived in Monaco but had no idea where exactly. I was walking the streets wiping tears from my eyes. Oh, why did I run away? Maybe I was afraid that if Vasseur finds out about what happened he would hurt us both, or because I was angry about the girl who was definitely in Charles' apartment before my arrival. As many times as we have eaten pasta prepared by him, it has always been extremely well cooked and delicious. What had happened now to cook it in such a terrible way and make such a mess at their place? How is it possible that he's been in his apartment with another woman so far, and the moment I come back he's kissing me? Passionate. Insistent. Seductive.

Lost in my thoughts, I hadn't realized how far I had come. I realized that even if I wanted to go back to Charles' home, I couldn't find my way back, even though I was walking through the streets of Monaco as if I had lived there before. At night, everything was different.

I was still wearing my Scuderia shirt, I didn't even have time to change. Sadly, I sat on the steps of one of the buildings near me and covered my face with my hands. What could I do now? There was no way I was going back to Charles, or at least not tonight. Should I ask Arthur or Lorenzo for help? Oh, bad idea, I wouldn't want to sow discord among the brothers, and their girlfriends would hardly approve either. Should I call Max? With a kid and a wife at home, all he needed was a girl in a Scuderia Ferrari T-shirt and a messy love life. Why don't I call Carlos? No, he was probably already practicing his beauty sleep. I was at a dead end, there was no one to help me at all.

Suddenly I felt the familiar warm breeze on my back and raised my head. A large group of boys passed me, speaking in French. And then I remembered. Pierre and Kika. Only to my favorite couple I could go, only with them - my best friends I could share my pain and expect understanding from them... Never mind that both of them, after Arthur, were the biggest gossip girls I've ever known and tomorrow the whole paddock would know that Charles and I had kissed.

I took my phone out of my pocket to call them and let them know I was coming, but the battery had died. Great! At least I wouldn't have to ignore Leclerc's calls, if there were any. And after remembering the name of the hotel where Pierre mentioned they were staying, I immediately stopped the first passers-by to ask them for directions. Fortunately, they knew where the place was, and I quickly headed there.

#

I ended up at my friend's hotel pretty quickly, but my legs were no longer holding me, and I had calluses on my feet. I probably walked about 20 kilometers for the whole day, and it was certain that I wouldn't be able to walk in the morning. Thanks to my feminine charm, an ID with the team logo and the words: "I work for Scuderia Ferrari, looking for Pierre Gasly on business." I managed to find out the room number of my favorite couple and found myself at their door.

At first, I knocked hesitantly, then a little more forcefully, and finally I was already knocking as hard as my hands could hold. After tonight, not only my feet would be sore, but my knuckles also.

Finally, I heard footsteps from inside the room and the door opened. Pierre - naked to the waist, only in wide gray sweatpants. I gasped in shock at the sight of his toned abs and light tan and covered my mouth with my hands.

- Lissa?! - he exclaimed.

I managed to regain my composure after the initial shock and picked up the bag off the ground that I had dropped at the sight of that six-pack.

- It was high time! - I shouted and pushed him out of my way. - I was going to break down the door soon!

- Baby girl, haven't you heard about the time range in which visits can be made? - Gasly shouted after me, while I was already in the living room of the apartment.