Chapter VI - "Are you kicking her out?"

24.Feb - Second day of pre - season tests

I woke up early. The jet lag and the anger of yesterday's team meeting did not give me to sleep. I was constantly thinking about the possible mistake that I made applying for this job and actually believing that someone will accept me. Me - the girl with zero experience, only a master Physics degree?! How could I even hope to be a main Strategist when nobody knows me.

However, I had to get up from my bed and start to fight for my place again. When it came to choose my outfit for the day, I preferred not to dress with the Ferrari uniform. They could have tried harder, not only handing me a simple red brand T- shirt and black trousers as I am a fan purchased their merch. It was hot in Bahrain, and I had two suitcases full of clothes. So, I decided to design my own paddock look and changed myself in long tight red dress. Charles did not want to take his jacket back, so I put it on again and then my high - heels boots. I did my light make-up, then put my hair in a French braid.

Now I was ready to leave the hotel. Everything was going well until the moment I realized I do not have a transport to the circuit. Given to the hour, Charles and Carlos were already there so I could not call them for help. We were not even at the same hotel again because of the unprofessionalism of Vasseur's assistent. I hope that at the end of the day, I should not pay my staying here, because it was expensive. I mean... really expensive.

I went out of the hotel but in front of the building there weren't parked cars as uber or taxis, so I decided that I have enough time to walk and find myself one.

#

After two hours of walking and being stuck in a traffic jam I finally reached out the circuit. The taxi driver refused to take my money. I guess he was a big fan of Formula one, because he did not know a single word in English, but when I showed him my access card, where I was introduced as a Scuderia Ferrari member, the man became more friendly and drove as fast as the racers.

I got out of the car and walked to the turnstile. The man in front of them tried to stop me, but I waived my ID in his face and checked on the barrier. First level of the obstacles was successfully passed.

While I was walking through the paddock, I was looking at my phone, sending pictures to my parents just to show them, where am I now. At least I was having a good time as on a little business trip. I took a sip from the big coffee cup I got from one coffee shop near the main street and sighed heavily. How long was going to last this torture. My mind was non - stop busy with thoughts about the contract. It was important for me and I was trying to find a way to get it. But I had the feeling that the whole world was against this.

Then I heard someone screaming my name. I looked up and saw Carlos and Charles running out of the exit of the Ferrari motorhome. I stopped to wait for them.

- Oh, Lissa, I am glad that I found you - Carlos reached me first and breath out heavily.

- Why? What is happening? - I asked in confusion.

- Lissa where were you this morning?! - Charles ran to me too. - We were looking for you!

- Well, I was stuck in a traffic jam - I said and casually took a sip of my coffee. - Guys, you scare me! What is happening?!

- Fred wants to see you at his office before the test session - explained Sainz in a worried voice.

- Yes, he was searching for you in the past two hours - added Leclerc.

I looked at my wristwatch and gasped. The session was beginning in 20 minutes, so I had not much time. I throwed rapidly my cup, purse, telephone, and ID, which I was holding, in the hands of Carlos and ran to the motorhome entrance. Then I remembered that I gave him my mobile phone and ran over to him to take it back. Both drivers were watching me puzzled trying to understand what I am doing. But how could they, when even I did not know?! I was so panicked that my head was empty as a broken pot.