Chapter XVII - The man with the mask

29. Mar – Wednesday at Australia

I woke up from the sunlight entering through the windows of my room. This time the curtains weren't remote controlled, and I didn't have enough power to close them before going to bed the previous night. It was a though day – filled with so many emotions. In my thoughts was only one thing – Charles hands running over my body on the golf court. I was still shocked he allowed himself such a thing, but twice more was the shock from myself that I liked it. Even when I am thinking about that, my heart starts beating faster, and something happens in my stomach. The "butterflies" are awaking every five minutes. I was afraid of these reactions because that meant there was a possible chance for me to start catching feelings. This shouldn't happen. I had to restrain myself. But I had the feeling these emotions were stronger than me and I was starting to lose the control over myself.

Because of some obligatory team meetings, the whole staff of Scuderia Ferrari has to be at work even on Wednesday. Well, the work week was going to start earlier this time and that was a real struggle for me. To see my new rivals, and I didn't mean people from the other teams, was pretty harmful for my restless soul. I still haven't got a "strategy" on how to proceed with the strategy ban Vasseur had put on me. It was necessary to find a solution to this problem on my own. After I saw the reaction of Charles to my stories about the dismissive treatment, I was afraid of what would happen to the whole team if he finds out about the newest problem I had.

After thirty minutes of overthinking, I got out of my bed and went to the bathroom to make my daily routine. Then I went back to the bedroom and took out of my suitcase a black simple T-shirt and skinny jeans. Seeing the sporty way Charles and his company were dressing, I've decided to be more casual than usual. Maybe that was the key to fit in, even though it seemed that I was accepted by their mob. But I was still searching for my right place – where I will be feeling good and calm.

I had slept all night with my hair in a bun, so now I just let the resulting bouncy curls fall freely over my shoulders. Then I put some light make up and my favorite perfume on. As a finishing touch to my look, I put on a black leather jacket and white sneakers. I was ready for the first workday of this week at the paddock. So, I grabbed my purse and left the apartment quickly.

When I went down to the lobby, I looked around myself, with the hope I could find someone of my close drivers. But there weren't any. Probably they were still at breakfast. So, I wrote a brief message to Charles and Carlos, arranging a meeting at the circuit and walked out of the building.

#

Thirty minutes took the Uber to drive me to the circuit. He was driving slowly, asking me different questions about Formula one, because I had the stupidity to let down my purse while I was getting in the car and my access card fell out of it. The person that drove me, was so annoying, that at the end I started speaking all in Italian, pretending I know a few of English.

When I arrived on the circuit, I hastened to pay him and quickly got out of his car. I couldn't handle him anymore. Thank Goodness I had enough amount of sleep, otherwise he was going to taste my crochet. With entering the paddock, I ran across Carlos, who was talking to a skinny shorter than him young man, with golden curls and grey eyes. He was wearing a McLaren T-shirt.

- Oh, Carlos, glad to see you here! – I said with a huge smile, approaching the two men.

- Hey, Cinderella! – he exclaimed hugging me. – I guess you are in a better mood now! Last time I saw you, you were...

- Let's just forget about that! – I interrupted him laughing. – Where have you been yesterday?

- I had a helicopter ride with this cabròn here – Sainz said pointing with a thumb to the person next to him.