Chapter V - "Have we ever met before?"

I heard someone calling my name and slowly opened my eyes, then realized that I had fallen asleep.

- Lissa, what are you doing here? - asked the person who woke me up.

A heavy sigh escaped my lips, and I turned around meeting Charles' blue-green eyes. I immediately stood up from the bench and looked at him.

- What are you doing here?! - I exclaimed in shock.

- I am asking you the same - he put his hands on his waist. - This is my room.

- Really? - I gasped and looked around. - This is the famous "Driver's room"?

- Lissa, will you answer my question? - Leclerc started losing his patience. - How did you come up here?

- I was searching for... the toilet - I replied embarrassed, and my cheeks went red. - And saw an open door, then just walked in this room and... Maybe I did use your bathroom... A bit...

- You did what?! - he busted out in anger. - Lissa, you are not a cat to just walk in rooms with open door. Imagine that inside is a serial killer. What will happen then?

- I hope you are not a serial killer - I furrowed eyebrows.

- Still not! - Charles sighed and shook his head.

- Are you angry at me because I used your bathroom? - I asked timidly. - I swear I had to change my...

- It's not about the bathroom - he cut me off. - And do not worry about it. Carlos has used it... Many times.

- I do not really need that information - I wrinkled my nose in disgust and sat again on the bench.

A low moan left out my lungs, drawing the attention of my annoyed half - teammate. He stepped closer and kneeled on front of me.

- What is happening with you? - Leclerc asked looking at me with his big pure eyes.

- I am just tired - I lied, but he felt that and raised his eyebrows in suspicion.

- Only this? - he smiled showing his dimples. - Don't think so.

- Lol, I can't hide anything from you! - I laughed. - Maybe you have already heard about Ravin Jain.

- Gossips spread quickly in our team - Charles chuckled. - You know they do it for your best. Wait till the end of the race week, I am sure you will made it.

- You know more than me - I said monotonous and bowed my head. - It is just hard.

- Every beginning is hard - he whispered and put his bug hands on my knees. - Lissa, do you know what I say to myself every time I am feeling down? "Eyes shine, head up, smile wide".

- These are Effie's lines from" The Hunger games" - I laughed and lift my head up. - And they are not even said right.

- Well, I am paraphrasing! - he said casually, shrugging his shoulders.

We both giggled then locked our eyes. His face was so mysterious - a strange mixture between divine innocence and devilish handsomeness. I could compare him to a Michelangelo's sculpture. Even his body, already dressed in the red untight race suit was like the marble work of art. I looked down to his fingers, unconsciously caressing my knees. At this moment my heart skipped a beat and got goosebumps on my whole body.

- When did you change your clothes? - I asked when managed to snap out of the trance.

- While you were sleeping like a baby - Charles answered and stood up. - I could not wake you up even if I had started the engine of the car here.