Chapter 2:Done Deal

In a luxury hotel,at a lavishly presented Gourmet table,two families sat facing each other.

The vibes were different from the usual business meetings Fourth had gone through,or should he say it didn't even feel like a business meeting at all.

The parents were leisurely chatting,clinking glasses and comfortably enjoying their food. The only stiff ones were the sons. Fourth and Gemini sat across each-other,no words exchanged,just frequent glances at each-other.

The parents noticed the tension between their children thus encouraged them to talk to eachother. It was quite awkward. See eachother every day but it was hard for them to start a conversation.

"So how's the food? To your liking?" Gemini was the first to speak. He didn't know what to say. He saw the food so what came out of his mouth was food. "Shit this is embarrassing!" He wanted to slap his mouth as soon as he said that....

However the little strength he had mustered to approach Fourth was immediately crushed when the response to Gemini was simply two simultaneously quick nods. He just signed before continuing his meal.

POV Gemini

It was unusual for my mother to care so much about how I dressed. Usually she trusted my fashion sense and let me wear whatever I wanted.

However today,what I wore was a tailored suit and was groomed by my mother. The hair to the shoes,she examined everything making sure it was good enough.

Instead of someone going to a dinner, I felt like a model about to walk a runway instead. Why was my mother so obsessed with my looks so much today.

She even told me to act calmly and smile a lot. How unusual of her.

When we got to the dinner location it was quite lavish to be for business settlements so I caught on that it was something more personal. The people we were appointed to meet with had not yet arrived,thus we waited for a while.

Fashionably late. When the family came, they were quite familiar. But one face was even more familiar. The face that always bothers me so much. The face of Fourth Nattawat.

Looking at him I assumed his fate was as same as mine. His fashion style was always  lackluster compared to mine. However today he looked like a totally different person. The person I see at school every day and the person I'm seeing here were not the same.

Dressed in an all black suit with a few buttons of his shirt loose. A necklace hung around his neck and his wrist had a shining watch. He had his hair parted unlike his usual messy bangs making his face appear more appealing.

I will not lie when I say my heart skipped a beat. Maybe it was the excitement to see the person in a completely different light you never expected.

When I made the first move to talk to him my heart was beating as hard as a drum. However it was crushed mercilessly by the cruel person.

What could I even do? I'm not even mad since I know how this person is unusual. I like to think that he's not indifferent to me on purpose.

END POV Gem

The dinner nearly came to an end with multiple talks from the parents but the sons still remained silent eating slowly whatever was served to them.

The staffs cleared the table however the families were not showing any signs of leaving.

Gemini and Fourth looked at their parents restlessly signaling them to end the dinner and to rush back home. However both parents were completely oblivious to their son's signals.