Chapter 15: the burns

"Regret is indefinite when you do things that are wrong while being aware they are wrong." Mark poured a glass of juice for his friend who was no less than a broken shattered glass.

To pick up his broken pieces Gemini heeded the strength from his friend. Knocking on his door with a horrible face,he tore down his heart into pieces as his mouth blew the words of regrets.

Blame. All but blame towards himself.

"Had I not told you to think from your mind. That's were the real job take place. You think from your own impulses that lack any conscience."

An untouched glass of juice that was being stared at. If his eyes had the power
the strength would be enough to shatter it. Mark simply shook his head and let out a long sigh.

Silence from his best friend.

"I do not rationalize your regrets. But I do not blame you either. You were stupid and an idiot but you have a heart. As a human I think it's normal to have defense mechanisms." Mark patted his friend's heavy shoulders. Sitting down beside him he nudged the glass towards him but was mercilessly pulled away.

"I'm an idiot. It's all my fault." The quivering voice of his friend indicated weakness. But never had he seen Gemini cry. He did not wish to see him cry as well.

A friend who is always so high and haughty. The image he has build of him is too strong. He will take long before he changes his perspectives.

"Can you stop all the self blame. It's making me dizzy." Mark had to shout. A tone that made the other shut up.

"You tried to protect yourself from the pain. But you were too short sighted to see beyond your own heart. Don't blame yourself too much." Mark was to preach him. His friend. He couldn't help but do so. Seeing his friend like this reminds him of himself.

He had known. He knows. Mark was but a victim of love as well. Back then when he was living freely until he wanted to be caged.

Free love but in a cage. Cage that would trap him in love forever.But his cage wasn't giving him any access. Ford was never ready for him. He lacked something. His trust.

Had he given up. Had he lost faith. He wouldn't be experiencing the bliss today. And he wants to channel it to his friend. He wants his friend to fight for it.

"Fourth has gotten weak. He has faltered. He needs strength. That strength,you must be the one who gives it to him." Mark had all but advice. "Try to win him back. His trust. His heart."

The head that had hung low finally raised it self. Gemini looked at Mark with tired eyes.

"Be gentle ,caress his healing wounds as if it's a fragile flower that can break if you're not too careful.Every soft touch is the most sensual,the most powerful. Be patient.Give him time give him peace. Communicate your feelings. Express it. And above all give him love."

What Mark said was all he could say. Nothing else could help.

"Now go back. He might be nearly home by now.The little picnic might've just cleared his mind after all."Mark wanted his friend to mobilize. Make his move.

Gemini didn't have to be told twice. A swift move and he's up and about.

"Thank you." Words of gratitude as he walks out. Had it not been his friend he would be in a trance.

Gemini now knew what to do. What he wanted. He had the strength. And he wanted to make it happen.

To the apartment that was once cold he fastened the wheels of his car. He will reach to the place where he will share indefinite warmth. He will give indefinite love. He will see the truth of his heart.