Chapter 16: warm apartment

The door that opens to a cold place. It sends shivers down his spine. The darkness of this place haunts him to no avail.

But he returned here every time. It made him realize where his heart lies. It lies lonely in this cold apartment.

Click.

Never has he anticipated. Never had he thought. He gave no interest to what is in the other side of the door. The only thing there is, is the cold apartment which was his home.

Today made him especially surprised. It made him turn to look again. Checking himself for signs of any sickness.

There was someone who was there to greet him today. In this cold apartment where he was always alone.

"You're here?" Fourth asked with raised eyebrows. His heart couldn't believe it.

"Umm. Why? I can't be?" Gemini felt a rush of guilt. The amount of time he spends out must equal to huge. Why had he been such an idiot?

"Umm No. It's our home after all."

Our.Home. Those two words that Gemini had always heard. Had always felt. Always wanted to hear. Again and again.

A slow hiss comes from Fourth as he quivers. He rubs his arms with the palms of his hands.
"It's cold."

"Oh!" Gemini hit the realization. The AC that he had turned to the lowest degrees. To freeze his heart burning in flames. To protect his whole being from being burned.

"Why'd you put it so low. You'll get sick. It's nearly winter. Not too hot either." Fourth complained with concern laced in his voice. He himself did not realize that. His focus was on the remote that put the room temperature at warmth again.

Warm. Ah. This is something that Gemini had wanted to experience. Warmth with Fourth. At his warm home.

"Are you hungry?" Fourth asks as he put down the remote snapping Gemini out of his thoughts. His eyes anticipated an answer. Excited to work on the kitchen.

"Umm a bit." Gemini couldn't resist. He knew what Fourth wanted to hear

Fourth's face beamed. "What will you like? I'll make it." He said headed to the counter arranging the pans.

Gemini simply stood in the counter leaning on it with a smile. "Fried rice would be nice. But whatever you cook,I can eat it a lot." He made a nice gesture.

Stunned by unfamiliar words Fourth turned to look at Gemini with skeptical eyes.

Had this person always been so expressive? So free?

Gemini smiled on the face of the confused person. Cute like a kitten. He wanted to ruffle his fluffy hair.

However his trance was broken by a ringtone. Familiar.Fourth ran to wash his hands,wiping it on his apron and picking up his phone.

"Hey! You just reached home? Ahh. I was wondering where I left it,so it's there! Can you take care of it for today. Bring it to me tomorrow." Fourth spoke to a person on another line. Gemini sat silent eavesdropping in his face.

"Ah! No need. I will drive by myself na..." a sweet long tone is quiet annoying when it's dedicated to someone else. Gemini's face instantly formed a frown. What is this?

"Fine! But let me treat you lunch instead ok!......Hmm.At about seven. I have early classes." Fourth looked at his watch and spoke to the phone.