Chapter 9: A new start

As he went into the apartment he was met with silence. Was Gemini not home? Fourth scanned around the area but saw no one. Well that's for the good. He went on to the bedroom and got some clothes to take a shower.

A warm shower after everything that had happened made Fourth feel relaxed and his mind was cleared a bit. He stayed in the pouring cold water for a while before coming out of the shower.

He was hungry. He was tired after such a tiring sequence of events. He decided to find some food and get to sleep. Today was school holiday. He was glad it was.

"Uhmm. I bought some breakfast.Want some?" As soon as he came out of the room Fourth was startled by a familiar voice. He turned to see Gemini peacefully eating his breakfast, cinnamon rolls with apples. However his action was peaceful but his face visibly showed discomfort.

It made Fourth think. What he thought made him sweaty. Did Gemini remember? Did the alcohol not wash away all the events of last night? Will he have to deal with the awkward aftermath? Fourth stood there and stared at him.

"I have a hangover,can you make soup for me?" It was a request that made Fourth's running thoughts calm down. So his discomfort is the excruciating pain that comes after indulging in alcoholic pleasures.

"No" an answer that he had been struggling to give for the past few months,he finally blurted out. "I have somewhere to be. Order it from elsewhere." He said heading back to room.

"What about breakfast? I order quite some!"

"I'll eat out till dinner today!" Fourth didn't turn back as he slammed the bedroom door. He leaned his back on it and took a deep breath to calm his beating heart.

His plan was to originally stay home and sleep all day. But now that his plans seemingly have overlapped with the handsome man,he doesn't plan staying more than a meter near from him. He has to leave

He hurriedly rushed to the closet and grabbed whatever he got his hands onto. Dressed in a white shirt and black pants he decided to pair it with a silver watch his eyes caught onto. It was a gift he had never used.

Ready to go out in five minutes he didn't bother setting his hair and took his bag to rush out not even saying a word of goodbye to the other.

Fourth never wandered alone. That made him incapable of thinking wherever he could possibly go. But given his luxury of time he decided to walk and walk and walk. Until he stopped infront of a cafe. One which did not have many people in. Just a peaceful and perfect place for Fourth.

"May I have your order sir?" The waiter put down the menu and cooed in his ears. The voice was awfully familiar. He turned around to see the face that he had only seen yesterday.

"Wassup man! Bored early in the morning?" James said as he winked his eye at him. With a black shirt tightly fitted on his arms his muscled were showing. His clean cut face matched the luxury of this place.

"What are you gaping at me for? I told you I work at a cafe during weekends." Being called out for staring too much Fourth was embarrassed. He quickly looked away. He was already embarrassed by what had happened between them. The warm hug in which he poured his sorrow into.

"I'll get a cup of cappuccino with a rose cake." He placed his order to shoo away the familiar face. The other who noticed his attempt let out a smile and retreated.

Spending the morning without company was calming. Reading a book he had especially bought for this occasion. On time intervals his friend would come to greet him.

"I get off at eleven. Let's have lunch together then." He did not offer but decide. Fourth simply complied. Eating alone felt too lonely,a company wouldn't hurt him.