Chapter 28: Concern

The finals are right around the corner. High school seniors have started burying themselves in books to earn a spot in their desired universities.

"Ahhh.... I can't do this! This is too much!" Winny threw both his arms into air and let out a whine. His other three friends smiled and shook their head.

"What too much! You haven't even covered a quarter!" James scolded him as he slightly hit Winny's head with a thin paper making Winny ticklishly let out a laugh.

Ford who had been on his phone for quite a while was nervously fretting. It of course did not escape his friend's keen eyes.

Fourth was the one to question "Why're you so nervous Ford? Is it about the exams?" He was very worried and so were the others.

Ford anxiously swiped his eyes through his friends. And he was met with three pairs of concerned look. He heaved out a heavy sigh

"Ford.... If you have anything that is bothering you... Free feel to talk it out with us. We'll always be there for you" James placed his hands on top of Ford's and squeezed it lightly to reassure him.

Ford met his eyes and James gave him a firm nod. However he spoke nothing. It made the others even more worried

Despite their worries,none of them spoke further. They had given Ford the path. Whether be walks on it or not is his choice. If he is comfortable enough to share it with them he will. They will patiently wait until then.

"I-I gotta go!" Ford after a long moment of silence immediately got up his seat in a loud bang. His face looked crumpled and he seemed to be in pain

His three friends now couldn't hold back anymore.

"Where?"Fourth stood up with him. However Ford already took off in a run

"Ford! Are you okay!?" Fourth grabbed his friend's escaping arms. When he did so Ford nearly fell off. And it made Fourth realize how weak and fragile his friend was

"I'm fine..." a soft whisper resonated from Ford and he got himself up back of his feet. He immediately tried to loosen from Fourth's grip.

"Ford.... You look sick.... Are you fine?" James approached Ford and Fourth started examining his friend.

"I said I'm fine! Why don't you guys believe me...." Ford huffed and shoved off Fourth and James by his heavy palms leaving both of them taking a few steps back.

"You're clearly not fine! What happened!?" Roared Winny as he forcibly approached Ford and it tugged of Ford's last string

"I'm fucking Fine! Why don't you guys fucking believe me! Let me go!" Ford shouted frustrated as he pushed his friend away in force and ran off

"What the fuck is his deal!?" Shouted a now on the ground Winny as he stood up with his friend's support.

"There's something wrong and he's clearly not telling us!" Fourth's voice laced with concerned gathered firm nods of agreement from his mates.

"Should we follow him?" Asked James

Fourth thought for a while before answering "We probably shouldn't. He doesn't want to talk to us right now. Lets give him his space. After he's calmer we can talk to him...."

"Hey Fourth! Have you seen Ford? I can't reach him!" A completely disheveled Mark sounded as he entered the class. It was the greeting of their day.

"Why? Is he not in class?" Fourth remembered that Ford had been acting weird since the morning "Maybe he's in the infirmary. He looked sick this morning"