regrets

- Anakin's P.O.V.

Today's guard shift had pretty much been just like any other stupid shift so far.
In the burning midday heat, I had marched back and forth countless of times with the other douchebags of guards in the courtyard, near the big entrance gate of the palace.
By now I had no more trouble keeping up with their monotonous lockstep.

March, march, march... halt, turn. Repeat!
For hours on end.

And because guarding was such a monotonous activity and there were never any actual security threats to keep me entertained, I always got bored quickly. And so, while my body was moving almost mechanically, my thoughts frequently drifted off to places far far away to escape my misery.

To match the hot temperatures of midday, I mostly made myself think warm thoughts.

More precisely, I always thought of Y/N.

When I was marching, but also during various other times of the day- and night- I loved to replay certain memories of her. (I had a big selection of personal favourites to choose from, including often revisited evergreens such as the memories of when we shared a bed, when I had her locked between my body and a window/ wall/ door and, a very recent addition to my mental list, when she called me 'Ani baby' in that incredibly sexy voice of hers the other day... Damn. This one got me every time.)

It were these memories specifically that usually lead me to another category of warm thoughts- my own made up scenarios.

In these scenarios I pictured what certain situations between Y/N and I could have developed into under different circumstances, namely those in which she wanted me as badly as I wanted her.

In my imagination, pretty much anything was possible as a follow up to the original situations-
It could be a romantic love confession, a deep embrace, cheeky jokes and her addicting smile and laugh, a gentle touch, my fingers grazing over her soft skin, a passionate kiss. It could be a feverish make out session with neither of us getting enough of each other, her taste, her lips, oh, her sweet lips that I crave so much, her hands all over me, she's clinging to me, her scent that I want to drown myself in, everywhere, her quick breath, I want her to have it all, I'd give her anything, her pleading angel voice in my ear, calling out my name, finally, a toe curling-

Let's just say I was very creative in that respect and got easily carried away.

But in the last three days my ever so sunny thoughts had been clouded by the recent developments of our mission. That bastard 'Kindon' hadn't shown up in three days and so we hadn't gotten back our lightsabers yet, despite all our efforts to find the rat.

Whatever plans I tried to come up with at night, nothing could change the fact that we depended on him to receive our sabers back. And there was nothing I hated more than not being in control.

When the guard shift was finally over in the afternoon, I decided to pay the little backroom of the kitchen another visit. Not because I was optimistic that Kindon would show up today, but simply because I hoped I would meet Y/N there, just to see how she was doing. I didn't like to be separated from her for too long inside this palace and with all these crazy people around. And until dinner it was still a few hours.

But when I got to the little backroom, ready to recharge my batteries with some Y/N-energy, she just wasn't there. So she must still be working elsewhere, I thought, annoyed, and went to our own room to wait for her there.

But an hour of waiting impatiently turned into two, then almost three, when it was already time for me to leave for the night shift. Where the hell was she? We hadn't seen each other since early in the morning, when we both went off to do our work. Usually we always stumbled upon one another throughout the day. Why not today? Did they give her extra chores? I bet she was so exhausted right now and I planned, that if she allowed it, I would offer her a nice back massage later.