j.hs ↠ ride

RIDE

-------------- ★ --------------

Author's Note:

★ Hoseok x Reader

★ c. 5,000 words

★ royalty au

★ mature content warning

-------------- ★ --------------

'Don't ever make decisions based on fear

'Don't ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility.'

- Jung Hoseok

-------------- ★ --------------

"Are you ready?" your husband asks you, holding out a bejewelled hand.

You sigh, taking one last look in the ornate mirror of your chambers. You know that this dress is one of the most beautiful you've ever worn - it was chosen specifically for the occasion. Thousands of people would be watching you today. And yet you still feel downcast, the expensive makeup on your face still showing a glint of the dark circles that lie beneath.

"I suppose," you respond, ignoring his hand. You'll hold it only when you have to - when the eyes are on you.

If he is angered by your disobedience, he doesn't show it. He simply adjusts his robes, fixes the crown on top of his head, and turns to leave the room.

Moving through the palace, the servants stop at the sight of you and bow deeply, beaming as they do so. Some of them glance knowingly at your stomach, which is, thankfully, still pretty flat. But that hasn't stopped the rumours from abounding. Your chamber maids like to talk, and the fact that you haven't had a period in two months is the hottest gossip they can get their hands on.

Coming to a halt at the throne room doors, your husband holds his hand out again, and you know it's not optional this time. You take it lightly, determined not to give him any more than is necessary.

As the doors are thrown open, hundreds of eyes turn your way. Taking a few steps into the room, you stand with your husband, the future king, in front of your matching thrones. The crowd chatters expectantly, and then falls silent.